Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you get AVB as manager be prepared to watch extremely boring football - albeit with a fair few 1-0 wins.
Cold fish as I recall who the players don't like much, although Koeman doesn't seem to be charming many at the moment either.

Could warm to AVB as a coach though if it was written into his contract he had to always dress like this, he carries the sash off very well.
3149DB3000000578-3449566-The_Zenit_team_dress_up_in_classical_Russian_dress_for_a_photosh-a-34_1455639114521.jpg

Just watched the Mané sending off again on MotD. It looks to me like the keeper actually tried to head the ball with Mané's boot already about to make contact with it. Never going to be anything other than a sending off but thought I'd mention it.

Just watched the Mané sending off again on MotD. It looks to me like the keeper actually tried to head the ball with Mané's boot already about to make contact with it. Never going to be anything other than a sending off but thought I'd mention it.

'keeper is entitled to head the ball like any other outfield player when outside his box.

McJXN8e.jpg

The difference is Ederson is making a legal attempt for the ball. Mane isn't. Even if he actually gets the ball there, it's still a red card. It's the same thing as a two footed tackle on the ground - it's reckless endangerment.

Gary Neville genuinely has no clue what he's talking about. He's cited this:

... but in that instance the 'keeper has went with his hands in his own area and the opposition player has both feet on the ground and has contested a ball in the box. It's not a foul.

With Mane, you have a player trying to head the ball and Mane leaping into the air, both feet off the ground and lunging studs first at head height.

Gary Neville doesn't know the rules of football.

Tubey,
The still you posted above captures the situation perfectly.
1. Ball is head height.
2. Mane has both feet off the ground. That is considered 'not in control' by football authorities.
3. One might say that there is a genuine attempt to play the ball, but at that height, a player should be seeking to head the ball, not lunge at it with his foot.
4. Being 'out of control' and kicking an opponent in the face, at head height, is certainly dangerous play, serious foul play, call it whatever you like. It is an undisputed red card...

I recorded and watched MOTD this morning. Couldn't believe that 3 ex-professionals could even begin to discuss the possibility of it not being a red card. Unfortunately, we have to put up with these kind of clowns on our screens, and I include Tyler and Neville in with them after they prattled on incessantly about the incident for the rest of the game yesterday.

Tubey,
The still you posted above captures the situation perfectly.
1. Ball is head height.
2. Mane has both feet off the ground. That is considered 'not in control' by football authorities.
3. One might say that there is a genuine attempt to play the ball, but at that height, a player should be seeking to head the ball, not lunge at it with his foot.
4. Being 'out of control' and kicking an opponent in the face, at head height, is certainly dangerous play, serious foul play, call it whatever you like. It is an undisputed red card...

I recorded and watched MOTD this morning. Couldn't believe that 3 ex-professionals could even begin to discuss the possibility of it not being a red card. Unfortunately, we have to put up with these kind of clowns on our screens, and I include Tyler and Neville in with them after they prattled on incessantly about the incident for the rest of the game yesterday.
Imagine it had been the other way round and the keeper had come out with his feet up and caught Mane after he had got to the ball first with his head. The same pundits (and obviously the sect) would be screaming for lengthy bans for serious foul play. All the focus would have been on the injury to Mane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back