Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm actually jealous of Spurs

They were competing with us about 4 years ago - How the hell did that happen?

They should be our blueprint. Invested heavily in young players with high potential a few years back combined with an excellent young manager. New stadium next year. Great outlook for them

They should be our blueprint. Invested heavily in young players with high potential a few years back combined with an excellent young manager. New stadium next year. Great outlook for them

Which is incredibly ironic as I'm sure Everton were Spurs' blueprint a few years ago.

The confidence of this team is mind boggling to watch.

Keeping Alli, Eriksen and Kane beyond next summer is going to be a huge ask for them though.

Without them, they're goosed.

Maybe.

But then right now this team is very capable of winning the premier league. I believe if they were still playing at white hart lane this season, they'd go on and win it for me.

I doubt any of them would want to leave personally. Why would they? The quality at Spurs is as good as any other team in this league, challenging each year, playing in the biggest competitions and playing well there too.

The only way I can see Kane and Alli leaving Spurs, is by the way of an audacious bid that matches that of Mbappe/Neymar which Spurs couldn't turn down.

Maybe.

But then right now this team is very capable of winning the premier league. I believe if they were still playing at white hart lane this season, they'd go on and win it for me.

I doubt any of them would want to leave personally. Why would they? The quality at Spurs is as good as any other team in this league, challenging each year, playing in the biggest competitions and playing well there too.

The only way I can see Kane and Alli leaving Spurs, is by the way of an audacious bid that matches that of Mbappe/Neymar which Spurs couldn't turn down.

Spurs weakness remains the ability to pay mad wages IMO.

All three of those players could almost treble their wage elsewhere. Once one makes the jump, it could have a domino effect.

Paul Merson claims he wouldn't leave Liverpool for Bayern Munich and it would be a step backwards for Jurgen Klopp.

What an unbearably dumb drunk this guy is...

Spurs weakness remains the ability to pay mad wages IMO.

All three of those players could almost treble their wage elsewhere. Once one makes the jump, it could have a domino effect.

I can't see either of them jumping to another premier league team. No premier league team is going to throw Mbappe transfer fees at Spurs, and Spurs wouldn't sell to a direct rival.

That leaves the European big boys with the big money. Would Kane and Alli be regulars for Real, Barcelona, PSG ? I say these 3 because no other team in Europe would flash the transfer fee to get them.

I can't see either of them jumping to another premier league team. No premier league team is going to throw Mbappe transfer fees at Spurs, and Spurs wouldn't sell to a direct rival.

That leaves the European big boys with the big money. Would Kane and Alli be regulars for Real, Barcelona, PSG ? I say these 3 because no other team in Europe would flash the transfer fee to get them.

I think he's a perfect fit for Real Madrid and would slot right in there. I think he's better than Benzema at this point, Ronaldo is ageing and they're constantly talking about Bale moving on, so I can certainly see that happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back