Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was a shocking call, no one will dispute that mate. But lets face it, over the 2 legs, Switzerland were the better team, and Fifa didnt do a rain dance to make the pitch probably more favourable for NI tonight.

That said, wish you were there in the Summer. The NI, (and ROI) supporters add so much more to a tournament than the 12 fans the Swiss will bring.

2 red card calls bottles as well. The referee in the first leg was corrupt the full 90 minutes. My bitterness and anger will subside in the next hour or two but it's more than suspicious and nothing surprises me with the Swiss tossers blatter and infantino

It was a shocking call, no one will dispute that mate. But lets face it, over the 2 legs, Switzerland were the better team, and Fifa didnt do a rain dance to make the pitch probably more favourable for NI tonight.

That said, wish you were there in the Summer. The NI, (and ROI) supporters add so much more to a tournament than the 12 fans the Swiss will bring.
But they'll get the neutral support

I'll get me coat

2 red card calls bottles as well. The referee in the first leg was corrupt the full 90 minutes. My bitterness and anger will subside in the next hour or two but it's more than suspicious and nothing surprises me with the Swiss tossers blatter and infantino

Forgot about the reds tbh.

And now fifa will lead calls for VAR to cover up the fact they brought in an inexperienced corrupt ref in our biggest game in 30 years, to screw us over and benefit the country they are funded by and based in.

It wasn't a penalty but isn't that language a bit strong. Isn't it more plausible to believe that said referee was just plainly incompetent - happens quite a lot. It evens happens with video refereeing, it's being tested here in Belgium and shockingly there are still loads of bad decisions. That being said when in doubt, smaller/less powerful countries almost always get disadvantaged, especially with an inexperienced referee.

It wasn't a penalty but isn't that language a bit strong. Isn't it more plausible to believe that said referee was just plainly incompetent - happens quite a lot. It evens happens with video refereeing, it's being tested here in Belgium and shockingly there are still loads of bad decisions. That being said when in doubt, smaller/less powerful countries almost always get disadvantaged, especially with an inexperienced referee.

It probably is strong language but given the guy has no experience and the team involved was FIFAs base, well I'm suspicious.

Anyone going to Non-league day today?
Not my local team but going to FC United. Proper footie club unlike the prem sh**
What a bloody club. Going again on Tuesday, Alfreton Town at home then Gainsborough away on Saturday.
Same time as the everton game is on but you know what? who cares? Football is about enjoying urself and I enjoyed that game much better. Singing non stop and not sitting with miserable bastards when the team go backwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back