Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp is having another moment here.... Shame the Sky reporter wouldn't challenge him on his lack of knowledge of the offside rule..

They were lucky to draw, don’t let their conspiracy theory moaning distract from what was a rubbish performance. Spurs battered them second half to the point where Klopp tried to contain a 1-1 draw at home by taking Mane off for Matip. They actually got lucky that Spurs gifted them the first goal and missed a pen because apart from that Liverpool did nothing in the game to win it.

Klopp is having another moment here.... Shame the Sky reporter wouldn't challenge him on his lack of knowledge of the offside rule..

I'm still confused over the first pen and if it was offside.

According to the pundits, the ref and the linesman were discussing whether Lovren touched the ball. The lino says Kane was in an offside position (ie closer to the goal then 2 opponents or the ball) but couldn't see if Lovren touched it or not. The lino then said if Lovren didn't touch it Kane was offside and afoul should be given, if Lovren did touch it than Kane is onside.

Moss said Lovren touched it so no offside, and Dermot Gallagher seemed to back that up saying that Lovrens touch means Kane was onside.

Yet this :
The shot by a team-mate (A) rebounds off or is deflected by an opponent
to attacker (B) who is penalised for playing or touching the ball having
previously been in an offside position.

upload_2018-2-4_19-1-51.webp

Kane was offside when the ball was played to him by a team mate. It was touched by Lovren on its way through to Kane who was still in an offside position so i don't see how offside wasn't given.

I'm still confused over the first pen and if it was offside.

According to the pundits, the ref and the linesman were discussing whether Lovren touched the ball. The lino says Kane was in an offside position (ie closer to the goal then 2 opponents or the ball) but couldn't see if Lovren touched it or not. The lino then said if Lovren didn't touch it Kane was offside and afoul should be given, if Lovren did touch it than Kane is onside.

Moss said Lovren touched it so no offside, and Dermot Gallagher seemed to back that up saying that Lovrens touch means Kane was onside.

Yet this :
The shot by a team-mate (A) rebounds off or is deflected by an opponent
to attacker (B) who is penalised for playing or touching the ball having
previously been in an offside position.

View attachment 43978

Kane was offside when the ball was played to him by a team mate. It was touched by Lovren on its way through to Kane who was still in an offside position so i don't see how offside wasn't given.

Nice to see that cleared up. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back