Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was Bobbys issue Dave, he couldn't cut his cloth to suit.
Of course. To push onto top four after his first season he needed to spend the type of cash spent by that Dutch no mark who succeeded him. He really should have realised that but I think a bit of ego set in and he thought he could plait sawdust here.

It surpises me not one bit that he now manages a national team with quality all over the pitch; he's a coach that has the confidence to organise superstars like that.

Of course. To push onto top four after his first season he needed to spend the type of cash spent by that Dutch no mark who succeeded him. He really should have realised that but I think a bit of ego set in and he thought he could plait sawdust here.

It surpises me not one bit that he now manages a national team with quality all over the pitch; he's a coach that has the confidence to organise superstars like that.
Ya, the less time he has with players the better.

I hate to say it, but some of the Everton sides that Moyes had would break into the top 5 this season.
On sheer workrate and organisation alone.

So mamy empty seats here, City will win the league but the idea they are a big club is laughable

Nicely timed post right on half time when everyone's gone for a pint or a pie, the match was sold out as with virtually every other league game.

If that makes City a tiny club then bring it on, I'll take that if it means results like this. Have to say I find the modern obsession with counting empty seats more than a little bizarre though. Do they all dutifully stay in their seats at Goodison so as not to attract criticism? :p

So mamy empty seats here, City will win the league but the idea they are a big club is laughable
Sorry we've got empty seats at the ground today carlin which has obviously upset you. Don't know how you quantify what "big" is, never used to matter at one time. We certainly don't have the fan base of Utd. or Liverpool, do you? If you get a new stadium with say a 60,000 capacity and you had 3 games in the week, do you think tickets would be hard to come by? All the best, see you in a couple of weeks...if I've got the cash!

Nicely timed post right on half time when everyone's gone for a pint or a pie, the match was sold out as with virtually every other league game.

If that makes City a tiny club then bring it on, I'll take that if it means results like this. Have to say I find the modern obsession with counting empty seats more than a little bizarre though. Do they all dutifully stay in their seats at Goodison so as not to attract criticism? :p
I posted on the hour mark about the empty seats. It's something I've noticed this season. However, I've checked and the official attendance was 54,328 out of a capacity of 55,097. Maybe it's that the official attendance reflects tickets sold rather than attendees or maybe it's that empty sky blue seats are more noticeable. :confused:

I posted on the hour mark about the empty seats. It's something I've noticed this season. However, I've checked and the official attendance was 54,328 out of a capacity of 55,097. Maybe it's that the official attendance reflects tickets sold rather than attendees or maybe it's that empty sky blue seats are more noticeable. :confused:

Which is what Woolwich do. At Spurs we announce attendance as the number of fans though the turnstiles. The 'tickets sold, thing is embarrassing. The other night Woolwich stated that the crowd was 58k! Ridiculous.

The whole dot counting thing is a bit silly though. It's all for the sake of 5 minutes of bragging rights on social medIa. Pointless.
West Ham fans are notorious for it as they try and keep themselves relevant. That ship has long since sailed.

Glad I didn’t watch that! Looks like us!

So now it’s 18 teams playing not to lose in the PL bar RS and City

Whole thing is farcical...

We are at the stage that even Chelsea and Arsenal are moaning they can’t compete with City and their money despite being streets ahead financially of the teams below for years

It’s literally 14 teams trying to avoid relegation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back