Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was the ref doing at the end? I don't understand the delay if their was a foul. Their was no chance at advantage for juventus their. Not that Tottenham would have scored but it killed what was building up to a really climatic ending.

don't think he had a clue all game tbh, but maybe his assistant told him something in his ear? Spurs had the ball, so that'd why he blew for a free kick.

If Roma go through too I think the Italian sides will be the ones teams will want to draw. They’ve seen off Spurs with some nous but can you imagine 36 year old Barzagli v Salah or Lukaku?

don't think he had a clue all game tbh, but maybe his assistant told him something in his ear? Spurs had the ball, so that'd why he blew for a free kick.

Perhaps. I didn't think about the official in his ear. It was all odd because it looked as though he blew the whistle for an injured player, then waited to signal for a free kick quite a bit after the stoppage.

Reasonable explanation though, it was just very confusing at the moment. Again, it may have been the right call, but how it was all executed was confusing.

I agree though, he was spotty. And the missed offsides on the spurs header off the post was ridiculous

Perhaps. I didn't think about the official in his ear. It was all odd because it looked as though he blew the whistle for an injured player, then waited to signal for a free kick quite a bit after the stoppage.

Reasonable explanation though, it was just very confusing at the moment. Again, it may have been the right call, but how it was all executed was confusing.

I agree though, he was spotty. And the missed offsides on the spurs header off the post was ridiculous

he missed one of the most blatant penalties of the season. And even then, if he doesn't give a foul, it's a yellow for a dive? Surely? I don't understand how pathetic refereeing is in football. I'm always advocating they deserve some more support at times, but if it's not a foul, nor a dive what is it in that situation? What decision has he actually made? He got the ball? Nope, he was about 10 yard away from the ball. Accidental collision? What, from a slide tackle? ha

Just bizzare, when he makes that decision, you can't be surprised by anything else he does haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back