Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
that half eaten scotch egg dyche has done the double over us this season, unacceptable
Yes, but I think it a little curmudgeonly to focus on the one negative of what’s been a season liberally garnished with highlights (eg doubles over Newcastle, Huddersfield and over what is our closest peer in terms of style, Stoke City)
Next season hopefully we can exact revenge on Burnley by perhaps grabbing a late draw in one of our games vs them.

NSNO

Be a sad day when messi retires

And Ronaldo, I don't think any of the current players coming through are going to get even close to their level. Football will be average without them, we'll be waiting two or three decades for another player like that. Before then it was back to Maradona in the 80s and before them Pele a couple of decades before.

When you see stupid fees for ok players like Coutinho and dembele football is going to turn depressing. Way to much money for little quality.

Speaking of sporting rivalries, such a classy touch by United and SAF yesterday. That's what sport is all about go head to head hating eachother in competition and when it's all over, respect each other.

I absolutely laughed my head off at the thought of the bitters doing that. Can you imagine? They hate every team so much that actually wins a trophy they could never do that. I imagine they'll fuming at the current ldv vans trophy winners. Then again, they've never actually had a real rivalry with anyone for ages.

And Ronaldo, I don't think any of the current players coming through are going to get even close to their level. Football will be average without them, we'll be waiting two or three decades for another player like that. Before then it was back to Maradona in the 80s and before them Pele a couple of decades before.

When you see stupid fees for ok players like Coutinho and dembele football is going to turn depressing. Way to much money for little quality.

It has been a golden era with these two continually upstaging one another.

It will indeed be a sad day when they both hang up their boots.

Ronaldo has 3 years left playing the way he does. He has to be rotated now. When he Madrid contract runs out in 2021, I can see him going abroad to America or china and playing until he is 40.

Spurs are fortunate not to be a goal down. They had one chance and took it but Watford have spurned a few. Will Hughes is doing great for Watford.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back