• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2018-19 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

It really is weird footy, it wasn't that long ago Spurs were in a position challenging for the title, now they could easily miss out on a place in the champions league next season.

Posted something similar earlier tonight. If they miss out on the CL it could royally screw them over for a good while. The price for the naming rights for the stadium will take a nose dive for starters.

Good advice.

I am swerving all social media at the monent.

It is the worst thing about modern football.
What's the general consensus amongst the Spurs fans? A good friend of mine is a fan and he isn't angry, but rather really disappointed with how it's panned out. He expects to exit the Champions League (obviously) and is now saying it's unlikely for a top four finish and he wouldn't be surprised if Eriksen and maybe another wanted to leave in the summer. Worrying really given that you were genuine title contenders literally six or seven weeks ago. A new stadium won't keep Kane if you're still on the road to winning nothing this time next season.

Love to hear your thoughts Squire.

What's the general consensus amongst the Spurs fans? A good friend of mine is a fan and he isn't angry, but rather really disappointed with how it's panned out. He expects to exit the Champions League (obviously) and is now saying it's unlikely for a top four finish and he wouldn't be surprised if Eriksen and maybe another wanted to leave in the summer. Worrying really given that you were genuine title contenders literally six or seven weeks ago. A new stadium won't keep Kane if you're still on the road to winning nothing this time next season.

Love to hear your thoughts Squire.

Im not angry. Just disappointed. I never thought we would win the title but it would have been nice to have been on the coat tails a bit longer. I don't think 'top 4' has gone yet, we have plenty of home games left and winnable games (apart from City away). But this whole top 4 thing gets on my tits anyway. It almost implies if you are not in the top 4 or 'big 6' you are somehow worthless and only there to make up the numbers. Nonsense.

I think we might surprise a few people in the CL still - i haven't given up hope on progressing in that just yet, Hopefully after our bad run, moving into the new stadium will give us a much needed boost. We will see.

I think Poch has been tinkering too much with formations and possibly been rotating too much? Eriksen has been going through the motions all season as he tries to stay injury-free ahead of a move to RM or Juve (£130m mooted). Alderweireld is off as well,has refused to sign a new contract for two seasons. He will be 30 soon so probably a good time to cash in anyway.

Hasn't helped that we have been light in midfield during this bad run. Winks & Dier have been ill/injured for most of it. Dembele sold and Wanyama not been the same since his bad injury last season. We have had to play Sissoko +1. Our own fault of course for not strengthening at all in the last two windows.

TTID.

Oh, and as for the consensus among Spurs fans, i don't know as i don't take any notice. I imagine they are spilt between haters & platers as usual. Or even melters & happy clappers in common football parlance.

Oh, and as for the consensus among Spurs fans, i don't know as i don't take any notice. I imagine they are spilt between haters & platers as usual. Or even melters & happy clappers in common football parlance.

I know it may not seem like good news for you guys, but we would love to have your problems at the moment. Just shows how far you have come that expectations are that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back