• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Don't really understand palace protest. I think they're basically on par. I think all these protests need to be aimed at the lack of competition engineered by the premier league. Honestly think all the 14 teams and their fans could get together to protest

"Then why should Forest get away with breaking the rules? Compare that to Crystal Palace or Wolves. Palace are a well run club, chairman Steve Parish inherited a team in decline, they had been badly run previously and had ended up in administration.

‌Now they are a fixture in the top flight. But if it’s not a level playing field, they go down. Is that fair? Of course not."

Palace...Be grateful you're in the premier league say the press

"Then why should Forest get away with breaking the rules? Compare that to Crystal Palace or Wolves. Palace are a well run club, chairman Steve Parish inherited a team in decline, they had been badly run previously and had ended up in administration.

‌Now they are a fixture in the top flight. But if it’s not a level playing field, they go down. Is that fair? Of course not."

Palace...Be grateful you're in the premier league say the press
That's what I'm saying. Those clubs out of the top 6 need to get together and force a more equal playing field.

Don't really understand palace protest. I think they're basically on par. I think all these protests need to be aimed at the lack of competition engineered by the premier league. Honestly think all the 14 teams and their fans could get together to protest
I think they may be sick of watching terminally dull football when there's clearly a bit of talent sprinkled through the side. Remember when we were all being told that Allardyce had 'saved us from relegation' when taking over a 13th placed side who'd won 2, drew 1 and lost 1 of their last 4 games.

I'm always loathe to criticise fans who watch their team for 90 mins week in week out. They generally see the cracks appearing whereas everyone else only clocks it when the walls come tumbling down.

I think they may be sick of watching terminally dull football when there's clearly a bit of talent sprinkled through the side. Remember when we were all being told that Allardyce had 'saved us from relegation' when taking over a 13th placed side who'd won 2, drew 1 and lost 1 of their last 4 games.

I'm always loathe to criticise fans who watch their team for 90 mins week in week out. They generally see the cracks appearing whereas everyone else only clocks it when the walls come tumbling down.
We thought we'd finally turned a corner in 2021 when we got on paper a progressive manage who'd bring an attractive style of play, good young signings who'd have resale value, not being bored to death every weekend but actually looking forward to our games, not aiming for Europe or anything but just looking up for once. When it turned out Vieira couldn't coach an attack to save his life then fair enough, get Roy back in and let him have a nice little spell where the players enjoyed their football again but that should have been left there and we should have gone back to a younger positive manager who wants to develop younger players and play attacking football (god knows we've watched Palace park enough buses since promotion). Instead we were lazy and gave Roy another year and had an abysmal window that did nothing to fill the holes in the squad. For all their faults both managers have been let down by the owners who haven't been serious about the investment needed for this rebuild they started and have used the money they have spent poorly

We thought we'd finally turned a corner in 2021 when we got on paper a progressive manage who'd bring an attractive style of play, good young signings who'd have resale value, not being bored to death every weekend but actually looking forward to our games, not aiming for Europe or anything but just looking up for once. When it turned out Vieira couldn't coach an attack to save his life then fair enough, get Roy back in and let him have a nice little spell where the players enjoyed their football again but that should have been left there and we should have gone back to a younger positive manager who wants to develop younger players and play attacking football (god knows we've watched Palace park enough buses since promotion). Instead we were lazy and gave Roy another year and had an abysmal window that did nothing to fill the holes in the squad. For all their faults both managers have been let down by the owners who haven't been serious about the investment needed for this rebuild they started and have used the money they have spent poorly

Graham Potter at the game today I saw.

Be a controversial appointment, even if it’s a bit of an out there link.

Graham Potter at the game today I saw.

Be a controversial appointment, even if it’s a bit of an out there link.
No one would give a [Poor language removed] about him being ex Brighton really, we just want nice football. Though personally I'm not convinced by him much, his Brighton sides created lots of low quality chances that were hard to finish, something De Zerbi fixed basically straight away with his press baiting build up meaning every time they had a shot in the box it wasn't with the opposition all in there in their shape ready to block it

No one would give a [Poor language removed] about him being ex Brighton really, we just want nice football. Though personally I'm not convinced by him much, his Brighton sides created lots of low quality chances that were hard to finish, something De Zerbi fixed basically straight away with his press baiting build up meaning every time they had a shot in the box it wasn't with the opposition all in there in their shape ready to block it

Think there is a bit of the emperors new clothes about Potter mydrlf mate.

Who would you like to ser get the Palace job, if it’s to come up?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back