• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Think there is a bit of the emperors new clothes about Potter mydrlf mate.

Who would you like to ser get the Palace job, if it’s to come up?
If it was the summer I'd want us to really push for Paulo Fonseca (he's the club's top choice for whenever we do bin Roy) but he's not obtainable before then when he's out of contract so if Hodgson is sacked now we'd miss out on him. McKenna and Carrick both interest me but I don't really see us going for either right now. I hate the idea of Cooper as Forest have looked uncoached all season til he was sacked but apparently our sporting director really likes him. Lopetegui would be decent but he'd last 5 minutes working in a Palace transfer window.

Basically just see what happens init. No one expected Favre to make his interest known to the club in 2021 until he did (then melted...). If there was an interim who could come in and make us feel good about Palace and coach a few attacking patterns before we look long term in the summer then great. Whatever happens, Hodgson can't stay any longer, it's just too toxic now

Well done Mike Maignan. Players shouldn’t have to deal with this kind of abuse. Udinese should get a stadium ban, only way this sort of thing might stop when normal fans feel the effect of the actions of the scumbag racists in their midst.

Kinda diminishes the point returning 10 minutes later don’t you think. If you’re gonna walk off at least commit to it.

We thought we'd finally turned a corner in 2021 when we got on paper a progressive manage who'd bring an attractive style of play, good young signings who'd have resale value, not being bored to death every weekend but actually looking forward to our games, not aiming for Europe or anything but just looking up for once. When it turned out Vieira couldn't coach an attack to save his life then fair enough, get Roy back in and let him have a nice little spell where the players enjoyed their football again but that should have been left there and we should have gone back to a younger positive manager who wants to develop younger players and play attacking football (god knows we've watched Palace park enough buses since promotion). Instead we were lazy and gave Roy another year and had an abysmal window that did nothing to fill the holes in the squad. For all their faults both managers have been let down by the owners who haven't been serious about the investment needed for this rebuild they started and have used the money they have spent poorly
This reminds me of someone.

Can't think which club.

We thought we'd finally turned a corner in 2021 when we got on paper a progressive manage who'd bring an attractive style of play, good young signings who'd have resale value, not being bored to death every weekend but actually looking forward to our games, not aiming for Europe or anything but just looking up for once. When it turned out Vieira couldn't coach an attack to save his life then fair enough, get Roy back in and let him have a nice little spell where the players enjoyed their football again but that should have been left there and we should have gone back to a younger positive manager who wants to develop younger players and play attacking football (god knows we've watched Palace park enough buses since promotion). Instead we were lazy and gave Roy another year and had an abysmal window that did nothing to fill the holes in the squad. For all their faults both managers have been let down by the owners who haven't been serious about the investment needed for this rebuild they started and have used the money they have spent poorly
You arguably built a team around Zaha.
He's gone ,not replaced (easier said,I know)...and the backside has fallen into the abyss.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back