• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Crikey, Saints breathing down their necks now, 4 wins in the last 5, Ipswich only 1, they looked a cert for automatic a few games ago.
Leicester are walking away with it, they look the real deal tbh, the other automatic is between Ipswich and Saints, need to remember that a lot of Ipswich's players are probably league 1/bottom half Championship players. Whatever happens I doubt McKenna is still there after the summer.

I agree.
Stamina and speed in the closing stages of a game.
That's where Peds show.
Remember Pro cycling some time ago, the last 20km or the final climb, that's where the pharmaceutical assistance kicked in.
Most people don't think doping is a thing in football, because they think. "Well doping wouldn't turn Hibbert into Cafu". Look at when they played United, TAA couldn't pass wind, never mind a decent ball in, City would of easily won that game. Liverpool have no skill in their side, that's why Real Madrid tend to beat them, look at how poor TAA and Robertson where. Also people forget in the 2017/2018 season, the title was decided by December. With United looking awful, Arsenal and Chelsea the same, they needed someone to challenge City. The RS side who were average that season, were exactly the same side that transformed into title contenders. Their side that won the Champions League in 2019, only got there because Napoli missed 12 sitters in Belgrade.

The Arsenal sides that were great in Wengers early years were great because they mixed the skill of players like Henry, Bergkamp, Pires and Llunberg, with players who could mix it up like Viera, Campbell, Keown and others. When the muscle went Arsenal went downhill, but the Arsenal sides from 2006 to 2014 were miles ahead in terms of skill, than the other sides, they just couldn't compete physically. It's not even about bitterness, I hated Suarez but in terms of skill he was unplayable on his day, Fowler was great, McMananman was great, Alonso was great, Gerrard was great' Torres was fantastic, Mascherano was. What baffles me about their recent success and I'd love the cynics to answer these questions and disprove the doping theory.

When Mane played for Southampton, did you say "we'll have to worry about him"? Had you heard of Firmino before he signed for Liverpool? When Salah came in did you say "oh no the RS have go a good player in him? When we played City did you say "oh we'll have to watch out for that James Milner"? Would you say that Alonso, Gerrard and Mascherano were a lot better players than "Hendo, Keita, "Gjini"? Players like Van Persie, Torres, Aguero, Rooney, Tevez, Mascherano, Kompany, Drogba, Ronaldo and Lukaku were known about, from when they were very young. They've managed to win things with players who none of the other top clubs rated, players who were considered average in their prime and none of these players who have done well at Liverpool, have done well anywhere else upon leaving. It never ceases to amaze me how people can't see whats in front of their eyes and think corruption and doping only happens in countries where peoples names end in ic or ev.

Spanish Commentator came out with a mad stat in the rs match yesterday.

Salah has missed 11 matches since he arrived at the club.

The rs have won 8 and drawn 3 of those matches.

I don't know which is more annoying

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back