Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairdos the RS played a blinder last summer ensuring that Chelsea are locked into yearly payments of about £16m for the next 10 years for Caicedo and Lavia. That's not even considering what they're on the hook for for Enzo, Mudryk, et al.

He’s absolutley finished after admitting this nonsense, just unbelievable from a manager of any team, but especially with their resources and against the bloody record the opposition have on pens.

Clueless cowardly management - you could tell that’s what he was after the way they started the extra time, but to admit it openly. I’d want him sacked today if I’m Chelsea, total bottler.

A man who has got away with being a bottler for a long long time because his face fits with the media.

First of all, what an absolute word vomit that was.

To summarise:

You think that average players being turned into better ones under Klopp’s management, and subsequently not playing as well at other teams is not an example of good coaching, but rather a product of some unnamed “fishy” conspiracy?

The fact that they had some shocking results and average (or worse) seasons shows exactly the baseline level of the squads they’ve had over the years, and the scale of the overachievement as a whole since he’s been there.

He’s an unlikable scruff and the manager of our biggest rivals, so I get why it’s a hard one to take, but he’s a truly excellent manager.

Wetting the bed and making up nonsense about PEDs to avoid admitting as much just kind of makes you look a bit odd, to be honest.
All I'm pointing out is there wasn't a huge change in their form upon his arrival. Nor was there a huge change in form when Mane, Salah, VVD or Alisson arrived. So Liverpool's success can't be attributed to either. Rodgers career at Liverpool made sense. He relied on Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge to score large amount of goals to cover up he couldn't defend. When Suarez left, Liverpool's form went downhill, losing Sterling had a similar effect. When Benitez sold Alonso Liverpool struggled. Chelseas form slumped when Drogba left, improved when Costa arrived, when he felt out with Conte, their form went downhill. When we sold Lukaku our form dropped. Liverpool's form drastically improved out of nowhere, despite having the same players and same manager as the previous season. VAR has helped them out as well.

All I'm pointing out is there wasn't a huge change in their form upon his arrival. Nor was there a huge change in form when Mane, Salah, VVD or Alisson arrived. So Liverpool's success can't be attributed to either. Rodgers career at Liverpool made sense. He relied on Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge to score large amount of goals to cover up he couldn't defend. When Suarez left, Liverpool's form went downhill, losing Sterling had a similar effect. When Benitez sold Alonso Liverpool struggled. Chelseas form slumped when Drogba left, improved when Costa arrived, when he felt out with Conte, their form went downhill. When we sold Lukaku our form dropped. Liverpool's form drastically improved out of nowhere, despite having the same players and same manager as the previous season. VAR has helped them out as well.
Didn’t they win a CL in VVD and Allison’s first full season? And the PL the season after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back