Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atalanta nowhere near the easiest QF draw like. They're miles better than Marseille and Benfica. Absolute dream of a SF for them though.
atalata are 28 points off the top of the table in Serie A

Fulham and Bournemouth are 29 points off the top of the Prem Table

its basically the equivalent of liverpool v bournemouth / fulham to reach a european semi final

its basically the equivalent of liverpool v bournemouth / fulham to reach a european semi final
It's a second rate competition, what do you expect? If they end up with the Carling Cup and the "not good enough for the Champions League" cup they're not quite as good as Houllier's team. If they win the FA Cup they're as good, and if they win all 4 they'll be a level below City and United and Paisley's team of the seventies, but it will be a good achievement.

And it took 30 minutes to change their socks?
big-trouble-if-i-speak.gif

By that logic Benfica are a Man City/Arsenal then?

Atalanta is a similar level to someone like Spurs or Villa. Liverpool will win no doubt but they're a tougher draw than Benfica, Marseille and West Ham.

I was half expecting another West Ham V Liverpool match and Moyes going to Liverpool and getting battered without a shot on goal for 70 minutes... Again.

Atalanta is a similar level to someone like Spurs or Villa. Liverpool will win no doubt but they're a tougher draw than Benfica, Marseille and West Ham.

I was half expecting another West Ham V Liverpool match and Moyes going to Liverpool and getting battered without a shot on goal for 70 minutes... Again.
Everyone knows the Portuguese league is a joke. A Coventry striker went there and is dominating everyone.

Atalanta is a similar level to someone like Spurs or Villa.
Liverpool will win no doubt but they're a tougher draw than Benfica, Marseille and West Ham.

Can you elaborate on this because I really don't think that the Portuguese league compares with the Italian League. Of course, and to be fair, the Italian league doesn't really compare with the Premier League as well.

Any assistance to alleviate my confusion would be much appreciated.

Can you elaborate on this because I really don't think that the Portuguese league compares with the Italian League. Of course, and to be fair, the Italian league doesn't really compare with the Premier League as well.

Any assistance to alleviate my confusion would be much appreciated.
The point was that you can't compare positions (or points differentials) in different leagues. Atalanta might be that many points off top but they're only one more point from 2nd than Tottenham are in the Premier League. It's just cherry picking.

When it comes to the top 5 leagues then it's generally the bottom half teams that that are nowhere near their Premier League equivalent. Atalanta are a point off Roma who have just absolutely slapped Brighton in that Europa League tie, so comparing their quality to Fulham/Bournemouth is a bit silly.

You could always just use this lads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back