Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's not bait. How can anyone not be arsed at that lot coming back with 10 men to win?

That's just bewildering.

The Geordies are nothing. They mean nothing.
I get where you're coming from Dave but it's not like that lot have never done anything like this before.

I was saying to one of.my lads at half time not to write them off because it's exactly the sort of situation and game they have an uncanny knack of turning around.

I doubt anybody here is happy they won, I'm not, but I am completely unsurprised they did. I take consolation from the fact that it was against Newcastle though as they are a completely odious club in their own right these days.

And I completely concur with what you said on another thread, there is absolutely nothing enjoyable about football these days. But the endless fume and upset it causes me currently has to be dealt with somehow, and in this instance I'll take solace that today one of the clubs I dislike has been metaphorically kicked in the balls, even if it's to the benefit of that lot over the park. It's not like this win has gifted them a title or trophy, I accept you can make the argument that it's 3 points toward a hypothetical title, but we both know they will be nowhere near the top at the end of this season.

I get where you're coming from Dave but it's not like that lot have never done anything like this before.

I was saying to one of.my lads at half time not to write them off because it's exactly the sort of situation and game they have an uncanny knack of turning around.

I doubt anybody here is happy they won, I'm not, but I am completely unsurprised they did. I take consolation from the fact that it was against Newcastle though as they are a completely odious club in their own right these days.

And I completely concur with what you said on another thread, there is absolutely nothing enjoyable about football these days. But the endless fume and upset it causes me currently has to be dealt with somehow, and in this instance I'll take solace that today one of the clubs I dislike has been metaphorically kicked in the balls, even if it's to the benefit of that lot over the park. It's not like this win has gifted them a title or trophy, I accept you can make the argument that it's 3 points toward a hypothetical title, but we both know they will be nowhere near the top at the end of this season.
When it went 1-1 every knew the RS would win, it’s the mentality they have

Newcastle did everything wrong in that second half never controlled the ball, never slowed the game down

Totally objective as usual.

Jamie Carragher believes Virgil van Dijk's sending off against Newcastle should not have been a red card as it did not deny a clear goalscoring opportunity - while Trent Alexander-Arnold was right not to be dismissed earlier in the game.

How can you be so sure they won't be near the top this season? They've just taken 4 points away against Chelsea and Newcastle. I can't see many teams in the PL that's better and Man City haven't impressed me so far. Sadly, I think the RS is going to have a very good season.

How can you be so sure they won't be near the top this season? They've just taken 4 points away against Chelsea and Newcastle. I can't see many teams in the PL that's better and Man City haven't impressed me so far. Sadly, I think the RS is going to have a very good season.
I simply have more faith in Man City than you do, they dug deep to win today for example and I think their overall squad is better too. I don't see Liverpool matching them over a season, they may well get a domestic trophy on penalties again though, I'll grant you.

Totally objective as usual.

Jamie Carragher believes Virgil van Dijk's sending off against Newcastle should not have been a red card as it did not deny a clear goalscoring opportunity - while Trent Alexander-Arnold was right not to be dismissed earlier in the game.
That Red Card will be rescinded. Nailed on. Even though it was backed up by VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back