Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get where you're coming from Dave but it's not like that lot have never done anything like this before.

I was saying to one of.my lads at half time not to write them off because it's exactly the sort of situation and game they have an uncanny knack of turning around.

I doubt anybody here is happy they won, I'm not, but I am completely unsurprised they did. I take consolation from the fact that it was against Newcastle though as they are a completely odious club in their own right these days.

And I completely concur with what you said on another thread, there is absolutely nothing enjoyable about football these days. But the endless fume and upset it causes me currently has to be dealt with somehow, and in this instance I'll take solace that today one of the clubs I dislike has been metaphorically kicked in the balls, even if it's to the benefit of that lot over the park. It's not like this win has gifted them a title or trophy, I accept you can make the argument that it's 3 points toward a hypothetical title, but we both know they will be nowhere near the top at the end of this season.
I haven't like football for years.

I hate it.

Especially Everton.

Bit of a random post but anyone notice the lack of crowd movement and flailing limbs at Bundesliga matches ? In terms of noise it's fine but the crowd always look static... i think it's potentially because everyone is already standing and thus you don't see people jump up from their seats but even with that in mind there always seems to be a lack of people losing the plot celebrating. It's a bit weird, been noticing it for years.

Bit of a random post but anyone notice the lack of crowd movement and flailing limbs at Bundesliga matches ? In terms of noise it's fine but the crowd always look static... i think it's potentially because everyone is already standing and thus you don't see people jump up from their seats but even with that in mind there always seems to be a lack of people losing the plot celebrating. It's a bit weird, been noticing it for years.

You can't lose the plot after a goal when you're holding a precious beer in each hand. ;)

Read a stat in The Mail yesterday about stoppage time winning goals, the RS are far and away ahead of any other side with 42, next being Arsenal on 29 and United on 27 ( you would expect them to have had most with 13 titles). It makes you wonder why this is when they have won just 1 title in that time.
I once read they have also had more penalties than any other side in the prem. Have they just sussed out that attacking and scoring goals wins games more than anything else ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back