Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Don is the GOAT. Nearly always finds a way. He is a brilliant man-manager and a not-too-clever, but pragmatic tactician. Pep overthinks and always has. He HAS to be judged at CL level - not PL, given the way his club have effectively rigged the league. And in Europe his record is moderate.

By the time he finishes his career he’ll have probably won more CLs than any other manager in history. He already had three, a feat that only three other managers have managed in all of football. He’s not the only manager to have ever had good teams and good players. Pep is very good but it doesn’t mean he wins every game, stuff happens in Europe.

Why would you kick them out? Their financial advantage is entirely organic, the result of brilliant financial management - not of oil money, human rights violation, or despotism.

The problem with the Bundesliga is not Bayern's excellence. It's the utterly shambolic mismanagement of their natural rival clubs: Hamburger SV, Schalke 04, Hertha BSC, Kaiserslautern, 1860 Munich, etc. Basically, Germany is full of huge clubs who have been run like Everton.

I just feel some clubs have become too commercially big for their domestic counterparts.

Why I wanted the ESL to happen, let the giants have their super league and leave the rest to have an open and competitive competition year on year.

By the time he finishes his career he’ll have probably won more CLs than any other manager in history. He already had three, a feat that only three other managers have managed in all of football. He’s not the only manager to have ever had good teams and good players. Pep is very good but it doesn’t mean he wins every game, stuff happens in Europe.
No way he's won more than klopp. I've seen it on TV

No way he's won more than klopp. I've seen it on TV

Maybe if Ancelotti can get another one before he retires he might keep the record but Pep will always be at a top club and has three already, he could easily end up with 4 or 5. It’s already more than Ferguson Mourinho Klopp Wenger etc. managed.

The Bundesliga is having a great season - new champions (badly needed), Dortmund and Bayern in the CL semis, and Leverkusen looking a decent bet to win the Europa. It hasn't sold its soul for money and still places fans at the heart of the game. That's something worth celebrating.
I think Leverkusen have actually shirked the members ownership model, which has caused some grumblings, still delighted to see a monopoly broken the 'product' of the prem get knocked down a peg

The Don is the GOAT. Nearly always finds a way. He is a brilliant man-manager and a not-too-clever, but pragmatic tactician. Pep overthinks and always has. He HAS to be judged at CL level - not PL, given the way his club have effectively rigged the league. And in Europe his record is moderate.
I'd go further than that, given the resources he has managed with his CL record is poor

Well, that Dortmund win - hopefully combined with Bayern dumping Arteta on his arse tomorrow - will go a long way to ensuring fifth place does not get another Premier League side an extra Champions League place.

Throw in Leverkusen finishing off the Hammers and it'll be a dark week for Richard Masters and his masters.
Seems as though the world of footy does not start and end with just the premier league after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back