Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really really bored of these managers who manage clubs who get all the decisions crying about non existent bias against them. ETH Comments were laughable tonight

Really really bored of these managers who manage clubs who get all the decisions crying about non existent bias against them. ETH Comments were laughable tonight
Yep, it's clearly offside. He's moaning that the angle makes it unclear, which is a bit of a nonsense. He was a near foot off.

Consider what luck they have had over the first couple of games and it leaves a bad taste.

Could even argue for a 3rd league. I'd say the likes of Villa and Brighton are so far ahead of us we couldn't claim to be competing with them.

I’d wager Villa will be in trouble if FFP stays in play as they’ll have to start selling players if they don’t make CL. Brighton have picked up under de Zerbi but they could easily come back into the pack once he leaves. They were nothing special for years under Potter.

Class mate , and as @Bohemian Toffee says Modric is also class, but £100m- just too much imo. Goalscorers used to be prime value but not anymore. Fan of Harry Kane, but still too much imo.
It's an aspect of the game that fascinates me, what the market determines as value.

Owen's career was five years too late as the market moved away from single purpose goalscorers.

The one constant was goalkeepers being undervalued until the Kepa deal.

I’d wager Villa will be in trouble if FFP stays in play as they’ll have to start selling players if they don’t make CL. Brighton have picked up under de Zerbi but they could easily come back into the pack once he leaves. They were nothing special for years under Potter.

I have no combination of CL teams, assuming it's still four, that includes Villa.

Personally, they look like a club where the money is running them and not the other way around.

Class mate , and as @Bohemian Toffee says Modric is also class, but £100m- just too much imo. Goalscorers used to be prime value but not anymore. Fan of Harry Kane, but still too much imo.

Oh just who is worth it in general, figured we were talking about today’s market. I mean yeh the figures are nuts for anyone. Most expensive slaves in human history.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back