Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what you've gotta do though. We've had plenty of chances over the years to capitalise on the money teams having duff seasons and didn't.

Leicester winning the league was the biggest one when pretty much everyone bar Arsenal had changed managers
We did under Moyes when we got 4th post with 61 points.

IMO Emery and Villa have done well, yes. They set up economically and rode their luck with Watson's form taking them through.

They'll have no chance of doing that next season.

If it had been a dead rubber game I could understand Spurs fans not being bothered but I think its really tinpot to hope you lose a game that could get you into the champions league just to annoy your rivals and I can understand why Postecoglou is annoyed about it considering it affects his budgets and how attractive they are to players and everything it was very weird from Spurs fans.

If it had been a dead rubber game I could understand Spurs fans not being bothered but I think its really tinpot to hope you lose a game that could get you into the champions league just to annoy your rivals and I can understand why Postecoglou is annoyed about it considering it affects his budgets and how attractive they are to players and everything it was very weird from Spurs fans.
We’ve had our own weird one against City a few years ago when Barkley scored the screamer at the Gwladys St.

We’ve had our own weird one against City a few years ago when Barkley scored the screamer at the Gwladys St.
Yes that was a bit different though we could technically still finish 4th but it was very unlikely if Spurs had won last night I think they'd have been favourites to do it.

We did under Moyes when we got 4th post with 61 points.

IMO Emery and Villa have done well, yes. They set up economically and rode their luck with Watson's form taking them through.

They'll have no chance of doing that next season.

No. But that's the same as Newcastle with FFP stopping them from actually progressing.

Both now have to flog players.

Not really. We hate them. The risk of them winning the title far far outweighed the very small chance of us getting 4th place.

No regrets.

Not really. We hate them. The risk of them winning the title far far outweighed the very small chance of us getting 4th place.

No regrets.
It wasn't a very small chance though if you won it was a very big chance you would have been massive favourites. I hate Liverpool but i wouldn't trade us being successful for them not being its total tinpot behaviour and your manager has rightly called you out on acting like schoolkids about it.

It wasn't a very small chance though if you won it was a very big chance you would have been massive favourites. I hate Liverpool but i wouldn't trade us being successful for them not being its total tinpot behaviour and your manager has rightly called you out on acting like schoolkids about it.
How would they have been massive favourites? An outside chance even with a win

How would they have been massive favourites? An outside chance even with a win
Alright massive favourites is ott but its loads more than an outside chance Villa are away at Crystal Palace who are the form team in the league and Spurs have got Sheffield United if they'd won last night they would have been 50/50 at worst.

Absolute racket that FFP.

Yep.

Celebrate you've finished 4th and part of the money spinner that is the Champions League...

But you've gotta flog £100mill of talent on the back of it so the big bad wolf doesn't take 17 points off you next season.

Yep.

Celebrate you've finished 4th and part of the money spinner that is the Champions League...

But you've gotta flog £100mill of talent on the back of it so the big bad wolf doesn't take 17 points off you next season.
...and 14 turkey's voted for it.

The fans can't win. Lose and we have handed Woolwich the title and conversely, we are small time for not wanting to win even though the CL place is in Villa's hands.

Weird when for 90% of the season everyone bangs on about how 4th place is not a trophy.

losing 3-0 to Fulham had more to do with missing out on CL than last nights game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back