Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
A German win without Kimmich and Gundogan (who went off injured). Who would have thought they might be a little more harmonious without those crabs in midfied - at least one of whom is toxic?

Good old Leroy Sane showing why he is one of the most infuriating footballers in Europe: scores a lovely goal (beautiful run from Sane and a superb pass from Havertz), before lazily and stupidly conceding a moronic penalty a minute later. He smirked.

I watched Sane closely tonight: he really cannot be arsed putting in a defensive shift. He's the very definition of a sunshine boy.

I was pleased for Rudi Völler. France looked a far better side to me - they tended to control the game for long periods, though the Germans did earn the lead and the entitlement to defend - but it's not a great sign when the one truly great player on the team, Thomas Müller, is your goalscorer 76 years after making his debut.

A German win without Kimmich and Gundogan (who went off injured). Who would have thought they might be a little more harmonious without those crabs in midfied - at least one of whom is toxic?

Good old Leroy Sane showing why he is one of the most infuriating footballers in Europe: scores a lovely goal (beautiful run from Sane and a superb pass from Havertz), before lazily and stupidly conceding a moronic penalty a minute later. He smirked.

I watched Sane closely tonight: he really cannot be arsed putting in a defensive shift. He's the very definition of a sunshine boy.

I was pleased for Rudi Völler. France looked a far better side to me - they tended to control the game for long periods, though the Germans did earn the lead and the entitlement to defend - but it's not a great sign when the one truly great player on the team, Thomas Müller, is your goalscorer 76 years after making his debut.
Just saw the team France put out. Takes the gloss of Germany's win for me.

Just saw the team France put out. Takes the gloss of Germany's win for me.
France were still the better side (unsurprisingly). The value of that win is merely temporary. It buys a little time for the DFB to get a new manager without total crisis. The truth is Germany will win nothing with the likes of Sane and Kimmich, immature boys with toxic attitudes to selfless work and team-mates. It was only a friendly, but, to be fair to Völler, that was a strong French side (who under Deschamps always strike me as being less than the sum of their parts) and his tactics were appropriate (no gung-ho stuff, keep it tight, use the full backs and your speed on the break).

The new All of Nothing about the German national team in Qatar is fascinating. Kimmich would fight with himself in an empty room. He had a "muscle injury" last night and watched from the bench, scowling afterwards as the team won without him. Rudi was the last "old-school" Bundestrainer before Klinsmann's new-age guff took over the DFB and went to the other extreme. Amazing what a little bit of balance and shining a light on some of these myths in the national team can do. They'd be as well off to ask him to take over for the tournament, because a new man has a huge job on his hands - and it's long term.

I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally played bad in last few games just to get rid of Flick, good ole losing the dressing the room thing

Happened here in Croatia with Niko Kovac when Modric and company wanted to get rid of him.
Also with a guy who was manager before World Cup in Russia 2018

Obviously Croatians only think that till the mighty Scots hammer them at football like we did in the European championships back in June 2021...

The French and Germans seems to refuse to acknowledge that the home nations exist in the UK but then if it wasn't for the (Scottish) Highland Fusiliers and the like the French would be speaking German today so I leave them to their fantasies...
I was led to believe that America won the war. How wrong you can be.

I wouldn't be surprised if they intentionally played bad in last few games just to get rid of Flick, good ole losing the dressing the room thing

Happened here in Croatia with Niko Kovac when Modric and company wanted to get rid of him.
Also with a guy who was manager before World Cup in Russia 2018
Crossed my mind, too. There are a few sulky brats in that side who go missing every major tournament. One of them was left on the bench last night. For somebody who shows so little leadership on the pitch, he's a mouthy little snide in the dressing room if All or Nothing is even remotely balanced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back