Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a Fantasy Footy disaster this weekend has been. Maddison is going to have to score a hattrick tomorrow and Pedro Porro provide all the assists or it's goodnight to gonetomorrow's season (again).

Not sure how I'd feel about that if an Everton manager said similar
You’d hate it, but if Carlo refused to rule out returning to us, while he was still in charge of Real, you’d love it.

Nature of the beast, innit? Objectively, there’s nothing wrong with saying it.

Is it just me or are Newcastle getting a massive rub of the green recently?

The Gordon penalty vrs Brentford
The penalty vrs Wolves and if your plucking hairs, the other goal that was carbon copy of ours vrs Fulham
Yesterday v Arsenal

The decision yesterday wasn't a huge mistake in my opinion, but what i do think is that depending on who the side was, it would of been disallowed!

Its like Dunks goal this weekend, i can't for the life of me see how that was offside! I think if that was Newcastle, that is given

On the narrative of Arteta's reaction!
I think its pretty obvious what he is doing! And at risk of quoting him 'its a disgrace' Not the decision but him!
You see Gary O'Neil the week before, he makes his qualms not personal, but a general, can we improve please statement.
Arteta is basically putting on a show to get any type of advantage he can! He isn't interested in the refereeing improving, but he is more interested in the refereeing going his way! The same with Klopp and his 'i have no problems with referee's apart from you' comments etc.
Is Arteta complaining about the refereeing every time a ref blows for one of his players going down after heading a set piece away to avoid the 2nd ball coming back in? (watch them, they do it about 4 times a game), does he complain about the referee's when they do a tactical injury to try and kill off the oppositions attacking momentum? Nope!

The reason people are saying the referee's are the worst they have been is because they are in the spotlight so much! The pressure on them is immense and its never been bigger! Do you blame them for closing ranks & not admitting anything?

The managers & the pundits need to take a step back a bit and work with them, not use them as a tool they can try to manipulate!

I can think of 5 or 6 different contentious decisions this weekend across the football league, but this will be the only one talked about as its had the biggest stink put forward for it!

The managers & the pundits need to take a step back a bit and work with them, not use them as a tool they can try to manipulate!
No! The officials at ALL levels of the game need to sort out the refs, both on the pitch and in the VAR room. The fact is, most football supporters/followers can see every week that blatantly incorrect decisions are being made (most that appear to be in favour of certain teams). Until such time as a month/season/permanent ban without pay is placed on refs, nothing will change. The Kounate challenge in the recent derby is the latest example against us in favour of a 'big' team (i.e. Sky six).

Let's not beat about the bush - corrupt, bent, officials!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back