Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No! The officials at ALL levels of the game need to sort out the refs, both on the pitch and in the VAR room. The fact is, most football supporters/followers can see every week that blatantly incorrect decisions are being made (most that appear to be in favour of certain teams). Until such time as a month/season/permanent ban without pay is placed on refs, nothing will change. The Kounate challenge in the recent derby is the latest example against us in favour of a 'big' team (i.e. Sky six).

Let's not beat about the bush - corrupt, bent, officials!

If you make a mistake as a referee, you get a permanent ban! How is that going to help?

The ref s^%t himself in terms of the Konate decision, but the only reason that happened is in fear of getting a lambasting off Klopp post match or whatever Red pundit they have wheeled out for the game!

If you stop all that, the ref will have one less reason not to side with the 'big' team!

say if we
got deducted points tho? …

( don’t think we will but…)
I dont think we will, but even then barring extreme injuries I cant see it.

I dont think the bottom 3 will get over 25 points, and we are playing much better than last season when we got 36. Plus the injustice would fire up an already in form squad and livid fanbase with an us against the league mentality.

If you make a mistake as a referee, you get a permanent ban! How is that going to help?

The ref s^%t himself in terms of the Konate decision, but the only reason that happened is in fear of getting a lambasting off Klopp post match or whatever Red pundit they have wheeled out for the game!

If you stop all that, the ref will have one less reason not to side with the 'big' team!
I'm not talking mistakes. You know what I mean. Here are some examples:
1 Last minute of the ManUre v Wolves first game of the season. 'keeper absolutely flattens the Wolves player in the box in the last minute (ManUre 1-0 up). The ref about 3-4 yards away. Both ref and VAR do nothing. Blatant cheating!
2 Our 'goal' v Fulham when Tarkowski stands still in the box and the Fulham 'keeper clatters into him and drops the ball, for Keane to knock it in to make it 1-0 to us. Disallowed for a foul on the 'keeper. What??? Blatant cheating!
3 Kounate tripping Beto when he was off towards the RS goal, with a yellow card to his name already. Raf and VAR do nothing further. Blatant cheating.

This cheating by officials is now in plain sight, and NOTHING is being done about it. I've said it on here before: Chairmen of clubs need to speak out quite bluntly and say how it is. If the FA/Prem League or whoever try to ban them from their own grounds, or fined, they would be laughed at and told to take a long walk off a short pier! THAT's what needs to be done. Until it is done, then nothing will change, and teams will suffer the possibility of being relegated as a result of it, or losing out on a European place. It stinks, mate, it stinks. I, and I suspect most other people, never thought I would see the day when something like VAR was ruining the game, week-in, week-out...

I'm not talking mistakes. You know what I mean. Here are some examples:
1 Last minute of the ManUre v Wolves first game of the season. 'keeper absolutely flattens the Wolves player in the box in the last minute (ManUre 1-0 up). The ref about 3-4 yards away. Both ref and VAR do nothing. Blatant cheating!
2 Our 'goal' v Fulham when Tarkowski stands still in the box and the Fulham 'keeper clatters into him and drops the ball, for Keane to knock it in to make it 1-0 to us. Disallowed for a foul on the 'keeper. What??? Blatant cheating!
3 Kounate tripping Beto when he was off towards the RS goal, with a yellow card to his name already. Raf and VAR do nothing further. Blatant cheating.

This cheating by officials is now in plain sight, and NOTHING is being done about it. I've said it on here before: Chairmen of clubs need to speak out quite bluntly and say how it is. If the FA/Prem League or whoever try to ban them from their own grounds, or fined, they would be laughed at and told to take a long walk off a short pier! THAT's what needs to be done. Until it is done, then nothing will change, and teams will suffer the possibility of being relegated as a result of it, or losing out on a European place. It stinks, mate, it stinks. I, and I suspect most other people, never thought I would see the day when something like VAR was ruining the game, week-in, week-out...
1 & 3 would 100% be more down to the referee's fearing the wrath of the media or big 6 managers than 'blatant cheating'

As i've said, they are put under so much unnecessary pressure by the pundits and managers of the big clubs, that they psychologically have to think through what repocussions a decision against certain clubs will be instead of just making a black and white decision.

Also, i think in the United one, it turned out after VAR that Onana clattered his own defender didn't he?

1 & 3 would 100% be more down to the referee's fearing the wrath of the media or big 6 managers than 'blatant cheating'

As i've said, they are put under so much unnecessary pressure by the pundits and managers of the big clubs, that they psychologically have to think through what repocussions a decision against certain clubs will be instead of just making a black and white decision.

Also, i think in the United one, it turned out after VAR that Onana clattered his own defender didn't he?
Paragraph 1: Should not happen, 100%.
Paragraph 2: If they haven't got the balls to make the correct decisions, they shouldn't be doing the job in the first place!
Paragraph 3: Wrong. Go to 2:50 in this youtube vid and see Onana pile straight into the Wolves player:

And here's a still frame from it:
Onana v Wolves.webp

That last paragraph. Did Gary Neville tell you that?

I sometimes watch games/teams that i think are no bigger than Everton and then think i hate you Everton. Spurs are no bigger than Everton and yet we serve up tripe in comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back