• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Seen that Fulham performance twice this season at Goodison.

Detest the Reds, but despise crappy teams going Way and just time wasting and cheating... the yellow for Van Dijk was pitiful.

At least it was entertaining unlike last nights game.

Look how goosed we were against Wolves after Dycheball for 3 games in 7 days. Then look at Liverpool when they regularly play 3 in 7 yet never tire.

They’ve lost one game all season. Even that was only due to a bad refereeing call. This isn’t prime Barcelona we’re talking about with a generational 11. Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot wouldn’t even make our team once you get them off the drugs. It’s absolutely ridiculous that people are buying it. Pep’s sat there with all the money in the world and some of the best players in prem history yet Crystal Palace and Wolves are giving him problems. Meanwhile Klopp is putting together one of the best seasons of all time without a holding midfielder and two lads who aren’t even good enough for the England team in midfield. Make it make sense.

They’ve lost one game all season. Even that was only due to a bad refereeing call. This isn’t prime Barcelona we’re talking about with a generational 11. Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot wouldn’t even make our team once you get them off the drugs. It’s absolutely ridiculous that people are buying it. Pep’s sat there with all the money in the world and some of the best players in prem history yet Crystal Palace and Wolves are giving him problems. Meanwhile Klopp is putting together one of the best seasons of all time without a holding midfielder and two lads who aren’t even good enough for the England team in midfield. Make it make sense.

I think for whatever reason and even when they had a naff spell In the 90s Liverpool always carry a fear factor.

Even under Rodgers when they were jarg with the likes of Markovic, sides hated going to Anfield.

They'll come short. But they're doing what they're doing by grit and fear for me. If you take Salah, Diaz out the Liverpool twam like City have lost have their side this season they'd struggle too. But overall, leagues never been weaker even sides at the top.

Winning mentality throughout the whole club.

Winning mentality throughout the whole club.

Lots of clubs have a winning mentality, but funnily enough when Barcelona or Juventus or United put out 11s of crap players they get beaten, regularly. Even the United teams under Fergie got beaten regularly. Yet the Liverpool of Jones Elliot Gomez and Tsimikas barely ever lose a game. They’ve even started just throwing kids in there for a laugh and they still don’t lose against decent teams as well.

Lots of clubs have a winning mentality, but funnily enough when Barcelona or Juventus or United put out 11s of crap players they get beaten, regularly. Even the United teams under Fergie got beaten regularly. Yet the Liverpool of Jones Elliot Gomez and Tsimikas barely ever lose a game. They’ve even started just throwing kids in there for a laugh and they still don’t lose against decent teams as well.
Possibly the opposition have an inferiority complex when they go there, like they are breaking some kind of unwritten law by winning at Anfield.
Also throw in incredible luck with loads of late winners or Pens to get them out of jail. Sadly it never seems to turn against them.

It’s not about winning mentality it’s about taking risks and being confident in your abilities

Fulham easily could have gone 2-0 up because Liverpool were risking it all for an equaliser instead they lost 2-1

Aston Villa v Man City is a key example of this earlier this season. Villa just pressed them all game and took the game to city and didn’t care and city lost and had about 2 shots on goal all game

It needs to be a concerted team effort to get in your opponents faces and just be relentless

It’s Viking mentality

Just seen their equalising goal against Fulham, does their luck ever run out ? It just seems to happen continually, week in week out, another horrendous deflection when they really need it. They are not even playing well and still somehow find ways to win, incredible.

Just doesn’t follow the laws of football. Don’t care what excuses that lot come up with. When City miss Rodri they lose, when they’re without De Bruyne they lose, when they’re playing multiple games they lose, when they’ve got tough away games they lose.

Klopp throws a load of kids and squad players out and they’ll go away to Arsenal and win, they’ll win off the back of three games in a week when the opposition is fresh, their record at the Etihad is ridiculous. He’s a doping matchfixing prick and I can’t wait until he sods off from there.
I think Man City were/are at it as well. Robertson and TAA are the most obvious examples of doping. How 2 previously unknown and unthought if players managed out of nowhere to become world class and play at the ti0 level is beyond me. I remember watching Robertson close up in 2 derbies last season at GP and the game when we stopped them winning the league. I was in the bullens both times and it amazed me how easy players went past him, same when hes played for Scotland he's looked awful. How TAA and Robertson seem to go from Champions League players to Championship players is amazing. Why did Mane leave Liverpool when he did, then only stay a season at Bayern then leave. It would seem Bayern suspected something was up. But Milner was the final straw, how can a player who was average in his prime for Villa, then be surplus to requirements at City who were average at the time, then suddenly play the best football at a time, when he's getting older and playing in a high tempo team. Also I found it bizarre in the United match, that Liverpool seemed to run out of energy after about 20 minutes and weren't really making an effort. When Barca rested their whole team, before the semi final a few years ago, yet Liverpool didn't against Newcastle that was the first red flag for me.

Klopp is just that good of a manager, much as I hate to say it

The day he leaves them will be a joyous one. Hopefully they get a cack replacement and spend some time in the wilderness because the past 8-9 years have been miserable stuff for the most part

Saudi Arabia has banned human rights organisations from working in the country, making it almost impossible for a full assessment of risks to be conducted. At the same time it continues to ramp up its investment in sporting events – from the World Cup to the Asian Winter Games of 2029 – in an attempt to drive greater foreign tourism to the country.

WTAF?!?! lol lol lol

lost one game all season. Even that was only due to a bad refereeing call. This isn’t prime Barcelona we’re talking about with a generational 11. Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliot wouldn’t even make our team once you get them off the drugs. It’s absolutely ridiculous that people are buying it. Pep’s sat there with all the money in the world and some of the best players in prem history yet Crystal Palace and Wolves are giving him problems. Meanwhile Klopp is putting together one of the best seasons of all time without a holding midfielder and two lads who aren’t even good enough for the England team in midfield. Make it make sense.

If it is drugs, which I think is what you're suggesting, why has nobody ever come forward? Hundreds of players have played under Klopp at this point, some long since retired and more than a few will have an axe to grind with him I'm sure. How come nobody has ever come out and said yeah you want to look into them they're all on gear.

Even a player going to a new club and getting slated for not performing, think like Coutinho or someone, they must be tempted to explain the reason their performances dropped off a cliff is because they're not juiced up any more.

If it is drugs, which I think is what you're suggesting, why has nobody ever come forward? Hundreds of players have played under Klopp at this point, some long since retired and more than a few will have an axe to grind with him I'm sure. How come nobody has ever come out and said yeah you want to look into them they're all on gear.

Even a player going to a new club and getting slated for not performing, think like Coutinho or someone, they must be tempted to explain the reason their performances dropped off a cliff is because they're not juiced up any more.

Lance won 7 Tour de France titles with multiple different team mates and it was years before anyone came forward, and that was only because he came out of retirement again. Why would any player want to whistleblow against a multibillion pound club that can crush them in legal fees for something they probably no longer have any evidence happened and would also involve implicating themselves and invalidating the best period of their career?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back