Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gary Neville isn't the problem, it's the other 1000 non entities they employ who chat absolute wam non stop (especially the women) , Joey Barton is spot on this time.
Fair enough. You're right actually. Pundits in general just inflate air time by saying very little...
Haaland is a good striker... A shot on target was a good shot...a tackler got the ball.... etc

Gary Neville isn't the problem, it's the other 1000 non entities they employ who chat absolute wam non stop (especially the women) , Joey Barton is spot on this time.

Gary Neville is one of the problems, and Joey Barton is never spot on ;) Generally English football punditry is really dire compared to other nations. It's all about clicks, likes and tribal bs.

If by that you mean physically harder, then I suspect you have never heard of, or seen, the likes of Dave Mackay, Peter Storey, Ron Harris, Tommy Smith, Billy Bremner, Nobby Stiles, Chris Curtis, Graeme Souness. And the players are harder now than the likes of Vinnie Jones and Andy Gray? You're havin' a laugh!
Perhaps I'd question Ron Harris and Tommy Smith who bernie the bolt wright did a job on both of these as for vinny Jones and Andy gray I'm just thinking he might eat these two for breakfast.. indeed this subject always interests me cuz whatever name you put up the bolt has smashed up everyone of them .. could resist the mention

Last edited:
Perhaps I'd question Ron Harris and Tommy Smith who bernie the bolt wright did a job on both of these as for vinny Jones and Andy gray I'm just thinking he might eat these two for breakfast.. indeed this subject always interests me cuz whatever name you put up the bolt has smashed up everyone of them .. could resist the mention
Bernie the bolt...?

Bernie the bolt...?
I'm surprised you don't have knowledge of the hardest player ever to play for everton. You do surprise me lol we everton folk are not allowed to mention Tommy Mr soft smith and big bernie in the same sentence the Liverpool fans don't like it apparently

Last edited:
Luton and the Premier League owe a duty of care to Tom Lockyer

i am expecting an announcement to confirm his retirement from football in due course unless he is somehow found to be medically cleared to compete by the top cardiologists in the world

I'm surprised you don't have knowledge of the hardest player ever to play for everton. You do surprise me lol we everton folk are not allowed to mention Tommy Mr soft smith and big bernie in the same sentence the Liverpool fans don't like it apparently
I know of a Bernie Wright, who was as useful as a chocolate teapot for us. Hardest player ever? Put him up against Andy Gray and Duncan Fergsuon. Do me a favour...

Luton and the Premier League owe a duty of care to Tom Lockyer

i am expecting an announcement to confirm his retirement from football in due course unless he is somehow found to be medically cleared to compete by the top cardiologists in the world
Interesting one, Eriksen was on the books with Inter Milan when he suffered his event, unable to be insured to continue there he came back to British football and is still playing. Heart screening is required by law in Italy because they got so pished off with the number of kids suffering events and ending up in bad ways and worse (I was boozing yesterday, my uncouth wording and hazy memory are products thereof). Lockyer will I guess have his history rechecked as after his first event was then cleared to play professionally again. Was something missed or has his condition deteriorated?

Interesting one, Eriksen was on the books with Inter Milan when he suffered his event, unable to be insured to continue there he came back to British football and is still playing. Heart screening is required by law in Italy because they got so pished off with the number of kids suffering events and ending up in bad ways and worse (I was boozing yesterday, my uncouth wording and hazy memory are products thereof). Lockyer will I guess have his history rechecked as after his first event was then cleared to play professionally again. Was something missed or has his condition deteriorated?
they confirmed it was a different heart condition and nothing related to the atrial fibrilation he had after the play off final

"We can now confirm that the tests taken this week had revealed that the issue Tom experienced on Saturday was different to the atrial fibrillation he suffered in May."

I know of a Bernie Wright, who was as useful as a chocolate teapot for us. Hardest player ever? Put him up against Andy Gray and Duncan Fergsuon. Do me a favour...
Interesting fact I was told the other day Duncan Ferguson went down and had the trainer on 11 times in his 1st season

The bolt had the trainer on once in 11 years as a professional footballer

Rib injury Duncan Ferguson went off straight to hospital for a X ray

Bolt 2 broken ribs played the 2nd half spitting blood but got to the end of the game never attended hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back