Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football - 2023/2024 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's ruined the match but offside is offside, you can't be like 'it was only 1mm offside so let's allow it'. In tennis if the ball is out it's out, it doesn't matter how close it is. If you're using VAR then it has to be like this, the only alternative would be to sack off VAR altogether which id be fine with but that would also result in people moaning when their team gets screwed by an obvious decision an official missed.

VAR or No VAR the big teams will still have things go their way more often than not.

It's ruined the match but offside is offside, you can't be like 'it was only 1mm offside so let's allow it'. In tennis if the ball is out it's out, doesn't matter how close it is. If you're using VAR then it has to be like this, only alternative would be to sack off VAR altogether which id be fine with but that would also result in people moaning about bringing it back when their team gets screwed by an obvious decision an official missed.
This is why I hate modern footy. What happened to 'clear daylight'. That was never offside, and all the joy a last gasp winner should bring is sucked out. VAR has been the death of football for me, I absolutely hate it.

This is why I hate modern footy. What happened to 'clear daylight'. That was never offside, and all the joy a last gasp winner should bring is sucked out. VAR has been the death of football for me, I absolutely hate it.

'clear daylight' is too subjective to work alongside technology, it's fine with no VAR but makes little sense with VAR.

I just wish they had some kind of automated way of telling quickly so that goals are ruled out almost instantly rather than a minute later after everyone has gone mental celebrating.

It's ruined the match but offside is offside, you can't be like 'it was only 1mm offside so let's allow it'. In tennis if the ball is out it's out, it doesn't matter how close it is. If you're using VAR then it has to be like this, the only alternative would be to sack off VAR altogether which id be fine with but that would also result in people moaning when their team gets screwed by an obvious decision an official missed.
yeah i agree offside is offside

3bef48w3mtg01.jpg

VAR or No VAR the big teams will still have things go their way more often than not.
No it wasn't offside, there is no definitive image that proves he was ahead of the defender. RIGGED, MONEY TALKS!!

So offside then?
It's not clear and obvious though. When you're down to that level, a fraction of a second could have made a difference, and they're not going to get the timing of the through ball 100% bang on. If it's that close you go with the on field decision like cricket. It's not difficult. But they'll never do that now the cat's out of the bag.

I don’t know how they’d do it, but I’d like something like the cricket lbw’s were if it’s marginal they stay with the on field decision or linesmen’s call. If it’s so tight just give the goal.

We see offsides like that every week so marginal they ruin the game, surely the point they freeze and draw the lines can’t be truly accurate anyway as it’s happening so fast

VAR is incompatible with football in my opinion. It’s not about correcting hairline decisions, it’s about sucking the drama out of the moment. Football grew in to the worlds most popular sport well before VAR came in to play, probably because it is so simple and accessible. VAR is the exact opposite of that.

VAR is incompatible with football in my opinion. It’s not about correcting hairline decisions, it’s about sucking the drama out of the moment.

It’s about matchfixing plain and simple. Wind that film a nano second earlier and the Coventry player is onside the moment the pass is played. There’s a reason it takes them minutes to make these decisions and you can’t see or hear what they’re doing. They find the angle and picture they want to, draw the line they want, then issue it as the truth.

I don’t know how they’d do it, but I’d like something like the cricket lbw’s were if it’s marginal they stay with the on field decision or linesmen’s call. If it’s so tight just give the goal.

We see offsides like that every week so marginal they ruin the game, surely the point they freeze and draw the lines can’t be truly accurate anyway as it’s happening so fast
Yeah agree. There aren't enough frames per second to get it 100% right. So if it's a toe nails length it's within the margin of error.

Were they fixing the match in our favor today when they ignored Forest's three penalty shouts ? Always reading about how they have an agenda against us and want us relegated yet they turned down three opportunities to screw us over. Maybe they were match fixing against Forest :p

Is it possible that rather than have an elaborate match-fixing system in place which would require most likely hundreds of people to be in on it given both the Premier League and FA would be involved) that they are just a bit incompetent combined with the tech/rules needing serious tweaking and clarification?

Last edited:
Just think, in years to come when Ten Hag is lifting his 3rd champions league as Manchester United boss, we'll all point back to his very own Mark Robbins moment.

What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back