Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was derided for stating the truth; that we would struggle to sell him for more than five million and only bottom half cannon fodder would be interested in signing him. Do you honestly think top half teams like Stoke or Southampton would be remotely interested in signing this guy? They wouldn't go near him!

Not that good but it was a free transfer so whatever.

Most memorable moment for me has been Bobby's all-time, never-to-be-topped whamchatting about Cleverley being one of the greatest players in PL history.

Most memorable moment for me has been Bobby's all-time, never-to-be-topped whamchatting about Cleverley being one of the greatest players in PL history.

I actually like clev and would keep him in the squad but that comment like so many others he's made just shows how far detached from reality he is, if he even believes it himself.

I actually like clev and would keep him in the squad but that comment like so many others he's made just shows how far detached from reality he is, if he even believes it himself.
Would be fascinating if that wasn't absolute fiction, he said that Cleverly for free would be one of the best buys in PL history. There's a marked difference in the quotes and the meanings of what was said.

Would be fascinating if that wasn't absolute fiction, he said that Cleverly for free would be one of the best buys in PL history. There's a marked difference in the quotes and the meanings of what was said.

That's still nonsense though. Cleverley isn't close to being the best bargain-basement buy on his own team (see Coleman, Seamus).

It's fashionable to the football hipsters to slate Cleverley, but not much difference to McCarthy really. Useful squad player.

This. If we can rebuild the centre in the summer with Deulofeu/Barkley the two with guaranteed positions then both Cleverley and McCarthy are ideal to have as squad players coming in during games depending on whats needed.

Quite a lot of work to do to get the balance of the team right.

He's just utterly average. Looked alright at times because he's surrounded by good players. If the level of the squad dips (like I expect it to this summer) then he'll struggle a lot.

even toned down, it's still utter chobb of the highest order, a mediocre squad player who has become undroppable, its stubborn moves like this that will end roberto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back