Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing against Cleverley personally but he typifies the Martinez regime. When Martinez described a player as 'technically' good, as he did Cleverley, my heart sank.

This is fair. I think Cleverley is the sort of lad who plays well in a better side where there is a spot he can blend in too. The start of last season, when Lukaku, Barkley and Deulofeu were flying and he could just fill in solidly was perfect for him. When their form dipped he wasn't good enough on his own to win us games, or rugged enough to play deeper.

I had hoped he could follow an Adam Lallana style transformation under Koeman. Prior to Klopp Lallana resembled Cleverely. Some international experienced but lacking a yard of pace and a goal output. However a hard worker, good at pressing, could chip in with goals and assists if not being prolific. I think Lallana is just that bit more physical though and is able to play in a midfield 3.
Sorry, don't often disagree with your posts, but this lad is just a poor premier league player. Absolutely nothing to redeem him.

Cleverley has done no more or no less than many, many other blues in the past. Unfortunatly he came from a club who blamed him personally for missfortunes....blamed him for englands failures, many fans feel it's needed to pick on a player for being average. He wasnt great, wasnt shocking either but as Naisy found out...if your face dont fit.

Sorry, don't often disagree with your posts, but this lad is just a poor premier league player. Absolutely nothing to redeem him.

No you've every right to disagree mate, and I probably disagree with it now. He hasn't done what I hoped he would, however unpopular my initial idea was!

Cleverley has done no more or no less than many, many other blues in the past. Unfortunatly he came from a club who blamed him personally for missfortunes....blamed him for englands failures, many fans feel it's needed to pick on a player for being average. He wasnt great, wasnt shocking either but as Naisy found out...if your face dont fit.
both were crap, nothing to do with faces not fitting, they are not good enough, that's why one is at norwich and the other is at watford

both were crap, nothing to do with faces not fitting, they are not good enough, that's why one is at norwich and the other is at watford
Christ...i forgot i even wrote that.
Naismith wasnt / isnt crap, Scored a hatrick against Chelsea.you dont do that if you are..
When he was played as a striker he scored. Unfortunatly he was generally played on the right wing by complete no mark managers. I still believe he could do a job here. I miss the wee man...
Cleverley tho ?? Yeah..... your prolly right :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back