Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
image.webp

btw you were completely / are completely wrong. Cleverley very solid player, good graft, moves the ball about well and gives the side energy.

Lennon was very good as well today, created a lot of chances, we just didn't capitalize on.

And nasismiths just turd anyway so dunno what you're on about.

Yup, great to get a last minute result against any side. Geordies and their keeper seemed feistier than norm for a relegation side - maybe boxing day helped them. Don't get me wrong - I hope it's the kick-start we need after draws with recent other bottom 5 sides. The reaction of the other players to Cleverley was encouraging.

1 goal in 10 league games and the variety in our play in the 1st hour won't frighten the guys we're presumably trying to catch, but the good news is we're only 6 points off them.

You'll have seen from my other posts I preferred the kind of get up and go we played with in Martinez first season Coleman, Baines, SN (who generally invites poor opinion I notied) etc. I've mentioned re-introducing Osman and Gibson, too. specifically regarding our lack of bite and wastefulness in CM. Besic and Osman resolved yesterday after a disjointed 1st hour... IF TC can build that into his game great. He took the header very well - difficult skill that.

He has done very well for us.
He is just a very good footballer and as a free transfer was great value.

Can't help but feel that if he had stayed at Utd he would be a vital part of their team now.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/19/basti...hester-united-have-come-in-12-months-5302753/

It's great when arrogance comes back to haunt you. Can easily imagine you'll be able to snap up Schwiensteiger for a free pretty soon and Tom will be back playing well for England.

He seemed pretty determined to celebrate with someone on sideline yesterday. Anyone know who? or was it just nearest member of staff.

Last edited:

Hit another sweet volley from the edge of the area yesterday, that was goal bound until being blocked.
I'll bookmark this, as I'm certain he'll lash a volley into the top corner sometime soon.

If his confidence comes back I can see him getting a few more this season. Great technique on the volley and that header looks more precise and difficult every time I watch.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/07/19/basti...hester-united-have-come-in-12-months-5302753/

It's great when arrogance comes back to haunt you. Can easily imagine you'll be able to snap up Schwiensteiger for a free pretty soon and Tom will be back playing well for England.

He seemed pretty determined to celebrate with someone on sideline yesterday. Anyone know who? or was it just nearest member of staff.
Only saw him from the back but given the bald head and glasses think it was Alan Irving, club doctor.
http://www.evertonfc.com/content/teams/coaching-staff/dr-ian-irving---club-doctor

Would make sense after his long injury layoff that he might have got close to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back