Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Tom Cleverley

Status
Not open for further replies.
The goal from Martina of Southampton yesterday was magnificent. Goal of the day no doubt. But I thought TC's deserved more credit. To direct that header into the corner like that, last touch of the game and with so many people in and around the goal was excellent. It reminded me of when Cahill would grab the 3 points in injury time with a great header.

Tom is a very technical player who will hopefully gain a lot of confidence from this.

The goal from Martina of Southampton yesterday was magnificent. Goal of the day no doubt. But I thought TC's deserved more credit. To direct that header into the corner like that, last touch of the game and with so many people in and around the goal was excellent. It reminded me of when Cahill would grab the 3 points in injury time with a great header.

Tom is a very technical player who will hopefully gain a lot of confidence from this.
Yeah hard to say it was a better goal but I feel that there was a lot more genuine class about Cleverleys. Gonna open myself to ridicule by saying it reminded me of my favourite ever goal.

Cleverley is controlling our attacking game in a far better way than McCarthy is able to do. If you are one of those that puts aesthetics over results then surely Cleverley deserves to keep his spot when McCarthy is fit?

the guy he ran over to was Oscar Brau, btw.. the newly appointed fitness coach.

COkbwBCXAAAWe5_.jpg

hes boss
love that he just seems to love playing for us, goes mad when we score
hes a lot more energetic than i expected, i thought he'd do well for us on the left and be rotated, gotta keep him in the side though for me

Cleverley is controlling our attacking game in a far better way than McCarthy is able to do. If you are one of those that puts aesthetics over results then surely Cleverley deserves to keep his spot when McCarthy is fit?
I think it's bit more than aesthetics but I get what you mean. We look very fluid with him in side.
Not sure how it's gonna pan out now but if there is any way of playing Mccarthy, Barry and Cleverley then we need to look at it. Been thinking about it last few games and hard to see how we'd adjust. Barkley has looked sloppy at times last few games but wouldn't want him rested for an extended period. We could lose the width and play Del more centrally, which would maybe give the full backs license to get forward again. Not convinced Del is consistent enough to do that right now though.
Maybe we just got to get used to having really good players on the bench.

Yeah hard to say it was a better goal but I feel that there was a lot more genuine class about Cleverleys. Gonna open myself to ridicule by saying it reminded me of my favourite ever goal.

Mate, please dont ever compare any goal to that one,mother than the one Pele scored when he lobbed. Akeeper he was actually standing next to! Besty was fabulous and that goal said evrything you needed to knwo about the man and the player! A one off!

Depends on the opposition and tactics for that particular game.

McCarthy seems better defensively whilst Cleverley adds fluidity in passing and more creativity.

We could also play both in the same team, either with Tom on the left wing or resting Barry for McCarthy playing sole DM with Cleverley/Barkley ahead of him or resting Barkley (who has played in all 22 games to date) and playing Barry/McCarthy/Cleverley in midfield.

Gibson and Besic could be rotated in as well, personally like that we have a variety of midfieders with different strengths especially coming into a tough set of fixtures both in number and quality.

Mate, please dont ever compare any goal to that one,mother than the one Pele scored when he lobbed. Akeeper he was actually standing next to! Besty was fabulous and that goal said evrything you needed to knwo about the man and the player! A one off!
Yeah to be able to pick that out as an option in a split second under so much pressure was enough of a gift. To have the technique to deliver is amazing.
Never seen anything like it.. till yesterday. I'm adding a lot of credit onto Cleverley header cos it happened in a blue shirt. Which is allowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back