Homepage Article Tom Davies and the Social Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I'm not saying that's the mechanics of how it works in each case - I'm more saying it's how the mindset of fans towards players in general has turned over time, so no I don't think it's "who does he think he is", I think it's a consequence of fans not seeing players as 'one of us' - and even local lads can be included in that. If we've elevated professional footballers to superstar status - showered them with riches and placed them on a pedestal far above mortal man then when they don't perform like superstars we'll mercilessly cast them down again. It's not right or fair but it is a mirror of exactly what our media does to players - remember England players getting crucified in the press before Euro 96 - the dentists chair incident etc, then hailed as heroes after the Netherlands game. The press raise up footballers as gods and then vilify them and with social media we've learned to be our own press. The superstar lifestyles just make it easier to distance ourselves from them so we can idolise or castigate them without a normal level of objectiveness and decency we would normally apply to our fellow human beings.
I hadn't thought of your points. The press/media/pundits/presenters put a player on a pedestal and then knock him to suit their agenda. Jordan being a case in point; superstar for England in World Cup, the Devil incarnate for the Van Dyke tackle, and to drive home their agenda continuously drive their point home, eg, Tylers continuous reference to the tackle where we now almost have a lotto re time it will take to be mentioned, sometimes even when Liverpool are not playing. When we played United Gary Neville stated that De Gea should have cleaned out DCL ( not in those words )for our equaliser. Different rules apply at different times when and if it suits the media.

Great post says it all about the unjustified hate that has been aimed towards him for no reason whatsoever.
I sincerely hope that people think twice about overly negative posts on here whether it is aimed at Tom or any other player..
I am personally made up for Tom that there is a sudden change in attitude towards him coupled with his upsurge in form under Carlo's coaching, long may this continue and at the first opportunity of crowds back at Goodison 'Viva Tom Davies' should be lifting the roof off to let him know he's appreciated
Would be a nice chant.

Tom and the Social Disconnect, is that his bands name? or a great new kids cartoon, in the mould of Jamie and the Magic Torch

Lol at you tough guy

Mate I dont care if its the internet if someones big enough to dish out personal abuse then they are big enough to say it to my face end of the day.

Its the whole "its only the internet" mentality that gives scrotes the belief they can send monkey emojs to black footballers and think its acceptable yet wouldn't dare call Lukaku a derogatory name to his face.

Mate I dont care if its the internet if someones big enough to dish out personal abuse then they are big enough to say it to my face end of the day.

Its the whole "its only the internet" mentality that gives scrotes the belief they can send monkey emojs to black footballers and think its acceptable yet wouldn't dare call Lukaku a derogatory name to his face.
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.