Homepage Article Tom Davies and the Social Disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a well written article.

Unfortunately, football drives such strong emotions that some people lose touch with reality and reasonable standards of behaviour on social media. It doesn’t take too much for the haters to create an echo chamber of nastiness.

Tom has been absolutely vilified on here, but my experience of the wider blue community has always been that still want him to succeed.

"It’s social media terrorism towards your own team, and too many are being converted into extremists."

tenor.gif

I agree with the sentiment of the article in the whole, but don't fully understand the woe is me tone.

The Sunday league example, if I ever missed place a pass would I be told to F Off or that it was crap? Absolutely! Did it make me feel like I was a victim? No. It actually made me want to play better.

I agree completely that personal abuse is unacceptable, but supporters and fans alike have an emotional connection with the club and players, its understandable that they get frustrated. If they voice these frustrations constructively, so be it.

these are the people who need us most buddy. do u feel the time is right to announce our new association and its mission statement in the ale house??

A good time to announce it would be around 8pm, when their thoughts start to turn to class A`s and liquor.

That would give them a couple of hours to brew their hatred towards certain players, all stoked with chemicals and strong alcohol.

A good time to announce it would be around 8pm, when their thoughts start to turn to class A`s and liquor.

That would give them a couple of hours to brew their hatred towards certain players, all stoked with chemicals and strong alcohol.
ok buddy tonight at 7pm sharp we announce our proud new association for fighting back against old bullies online. i may need a little help with mission statement thanks buddies.

Great post says it all about the unjustified hate that has been aimed towards him for no reason whatsoever.
I sincerely hope that people think twice about overly negative posts on here whether it is aimed at Tom or any other player..
I am personally made up for Tom that there is a sudden change in attitude towards him coupled with his upsurge in form under Carlo's coaching, long may this continue and at the first opportunity of crowds back at Goodison 'Viva Tom Davies' should be lifting the roof off to let him know he's appreciated

I've long distinguished between fans and supporters. Supporters don't boo or criticise or get on a players back - they encourage. You can't call yourself an Everton supporter if you spout venom against any part of the team. Express frustration, sure, but bile? No. Fans can be supporters, but not all fans support.. some are tits using football as a way of releasing life's pressures or venting their own inadequacy in the world through somebody else's failings. There are also fans who like to virtue signal by pretending to see a failing nobody else has had the talent to see and then overstating the issue for attention. Yeah right, get over yourself you trumpet.

I think a cause for the upsurge in negativity is borne of frustration. Players today are no more frustrating than players decades ago - but the difference is they're paid an order of magnitude more. They earn in a week double what the common man earns in a year. Its understandable to me, then (I'm not saying justified), that frustration can turn into hate, fuelled understandably by jealousy. Spectators watch a flawed professional who may be twice as good at playing a game than they might be on a Sunday morning, but for being twice as good they take home a hundred times more. The sooner football agrees a global wage cap, the sooner we will see less motivation for social hate.

@JMT Cheers for the middle finger - shows what a little boy you are when an apology would have been sufficient.

Go tell someone they aint worth chemotherapy whilst you're at it im sure someone on here has lost friends/family to cancer as well.

Scum you lad.

• Middle Finger
Reactions: JMT
Inappropriate Behaviour
@JMT Cheers for the middle finger - shows what a little boy you are when an apology would have been sufficient.

Go tell someone they aint worth chemotherapy whilst you're at it im sure someone on here has lost friends/family to cancer as well.

Scum you lad.
shut up you whiny little fanny.

Two good games, though culpable for two goals, he's being seen as the Rodney Mullen of football. Give over.

Status
Not open for further replies.