2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a decent game, did well in periods but Newcaslte overwhelmed him and Sigurdsson at times, which is more down to tactics than the players. I do rate Davies but I feel like he won't be a consistent first teamer but more a rotation option if we ever get Europa league regularly and dare I say champions league. Can definitely do a job for us though

He's only 21 years old. He's got so much to learn and oozes class and composure on the ball. He'll be class if he can improve his movement off the ball.

Good squad option. Hopefully Gbamin and Gomes come back strongly and we can sign a more creative midfielder for the squad as well, then we have a nice pool of players with Davies and Delph in there too.

Im going to get fingered for this but Ive quietly rated JJ Shelvey. Right, now Im out of the closet with that, I thought Tom had him in his back pocket for 75 % of the game today. That was as comfortable an away performance as I can remember.

Im going to get fingered for this but Ive quietly rated JJ Shelvey. Right, now Im out of the closet with that, I thought Tom had him in his back pocket for 75 % of the game today. That was as comfortable an away performance as I can remember.
Cue the sound of latex gloves

I’m not seeing his performances improve at the same rate of Holgate and DCL’s. That said, he’s probably the best we can put there at the moment with the injuries to Gomes and Gbamin.

Had a good game yesterday. He’s a centre mid only and gets a bit lost playing anywhere else. That said, he does seem to be improving slowly and is still very young. Useful player to have in the squad

He's only 21 years old. He's got so much to learn and oozes class and composure on the ball. He'll be class if he can improve his movement off the ball.
Not sure about this composure on the ball. He struggles to control the ball quickly allowing the opposition to close in on him causing him to pass quickly and under pressure or be caught with the ball. He Lost the ball in the first half yesterday a couple of times putting us on the back front.
Needs to work hard in training on his ball control so he can improve it. And get in the gym.to.build himself up to compete physically.
Hope he knuckles down because I'd like to see him.do well here

I knew that you know nothing about the game, JJShelvey FFS?!? He's a proper yard dog. TD is decent though, still only 21 and has moments of class (mixed in with a few mishaps at the mo) but give him a couple more seasons and he'd be ace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back