2019/20 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

I think his biggest downfall is not having someone alongside him who can carry the ball. He looked good in his breakout season alongside Barkley who obviously ran around with the ball a lot.

Putting Tom next to schneids or siggy etc is just asking him to do 2 jobs at once.
Its not a downfall to be way below top end prem level but still make a good living from the game.
He does not have a single quality that you look for in a top 6 class centre mid.

Now at championship level - his athleticism is questionable, pace - poor, pressing average, his tackling average, tracking average, game iq average, his passing ok, goal threat negligeable.

We might burgle 10 mill off someone and he will still be a million footballer who `tries'.

Nothing much to see otherwise.

We are stuck with him until better players are signed, then get shut for as much as we can squeeze out of lower end struggling clubs who are the only ones who would take him. On the other hand, under Carlo, should he suddenly develop skills which show little sign presently, then it is win win for us.

We are stuck with him until better players are signed, then get shut for as much as we can squeeze out of lower end struggling clubs who are the only ones who would take him. On the other hand, under Carlo, should he suddenly develop skills which show little sign presently, then it is win win for us.
Or, you could watch him more closely and obverse the skills and leadership qualities that he already has.

Tom is a decent and improving player who is useful for the squad, he gets way too much stick maybe because he's a local lad or people thought he was going to be Zidane after his city goal? Yes he has rough edges to his game but I'd rather he tried to pass forward than to the side like our other fit midfielders. Also give the lad a break he's currently the only central midfielder we have with legs currently, so he has to play.

Average.webp

Tom I like but the one thing he has to get out of his game is this dithering with possession late in games it cost us at Leicester and it nearly cost us on Saturday,if he’s unsure whack it row Z of the Bullens ,he has to sense danger More and improve his game management ,what I like is without Gomes he is the only midfielder we have who looks to get on the front foot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back