2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mad how people still rate him.

….liking him & rating him are two different things.

We have a squad full of ordinary footballers who are very fortunate to be playing in this mega-money era. They think they are very good but they aren’t fit to lace the boots of most who have gone before them. Davies is heavy-legged, he struggles to get around the pitch and is a risk in possession.

He wouldn’t get in any other PL side.

Lampard was a top draw midfielder, surely he can see how bad he is.

If this chump is playing regularly again then we will be cast adrift by the end of November and relegation is a certainty.

The team would be built around Gilmour. But the point I was trying to make was to give him less responsibility, less to do, protect the defence, give the ball to the other midfielders, preferably Gilmour, occasionally hit it long to the forwards. Make his role simpler and it might work.
Or we could just get rid of him, due to him being absolutely turd at PL football.

Reactions: Ivo

….liking him & rating him are two different things.

We have a squad full of ordinary footballers who are very fortunate to be playing in this mega-money era. They think they are very good but they aren’t fit to lace the boots of most who have gone before them. Davies is heavy-legged, he struggles to get around the pitch and is a risk in possession.

I get people liking him, he seems a decent kid, but he’s absolutely awful at footy.

I think that with the ball he's probably good enough to be in the squad and team but he's just not physically capable enough to compensate that. I know we are interested in Gilmour but technically he is levels above which is able to counterract the physicality issues. Unfortunately for Davies his technique isn't as good and he struggles hugely. Too many of our midfielders only work in a midfield 3 (Gomes, Doucoure, Davies etc.) and it's a real problem for us tactically.

Status
Not open for further replies.