2021/22 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any links to where he's cost us goals (see Keane) ?
Two times I can think of.

That awful Newcastle game where we gave up two goals in stoppage time. One of them came off him snd Digne (but mostly him) messing around with the ball and coughing it up.

And losing to Burnley at home last season, the game where McNeil scored the golazo. Not sure if it was that goal or another, one of the Burnley attackers just shoulder barged him off the ball in our own third and the goal followed.

I am a huge Davies fanboy, I even have his name/number on the back of one of my kits, but I see his weaknesses and his biggest problem is that he’s too slight, can be muscled aside. If he had 15 more pounds he’d be a physical presence who could defend and attack with strength like a Doucoure. Of course if my aunt had wheels she’d be a bicycle.

Interested to.read some negative comments aimed at Tom, also interesting to note its possibly the same people who would like to be negative to Iwobi and possibly Benito, but since Alex has pipped them down and Rafael certainly has they have moved onto Tom for none football reasons.

….I think I’ve worked out most of your post but who is Benito?

I know someone that met with Tom through EITC due to him having mental and health problems and EITC was giving him help, said Tom was absolutely brilliant through it all and has actually checked up on him numerous times when he wasn’t even required to do so after the original meeting. the guy Actually came through Liverpool’s youth teams before the mental stuff started and didn’t get any help off of them, pretty sure he was a season ticket holder too if not he definitely went the games often. Mad thing is he’s more Everton now than the other lot and said he was going to start going games when COVID was over. Also he’s doing good now, off the booze, getting help for his problems and a different happier person due to the help from EITC, Tom and whoever else was involved in it all.

Hope if the up for sale rumour is true and he wanted to stay and fight for his place he smashes it and massively improves, if not and he ends up leaving I hope he does boss because he deserves it for being a top bloke.
Sounds about right. I know someone that worked with both Tom and Trent Alexander-Arnold. Tom was humble and a really kind lad, TAA showed up late in his Bentley and left early. Glad he's still here, Benitez will improve him.

Interested to.read some negative comments aimed at Tom, also interesting to note its possibly the same people who would like to be negative to Iwobi and possibly Benito, but since Alex has pipped them down and Rafael certainly has they have moved onto Tom for none football reasons.
Stop making it up lad.
Tom's a good lad, but wouldn't be anywhere near the squad if he wasn't homegrown and cheap.
Tries his best but he's a headless chicken.

Status
Not open for further replies.