2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's cheaper to renew him than it is to sign a new CM.

If I was DoF I'd sign a striker, I'd sign a cheap backup striker, I'd sign a left-back, I'd look at a wide forward and then, if there was anything left you go for a midfielder. We also can just get another mid in January, or next Summer. It's the lowest priority position to piss about with but we require depth.

Maybe I'm just a super chill person but this contract doesn't bother me at all (if he accepts it, I think he'll leave).
The idea of ‘back-ups’ is what got us here
Rondon was a backup
Maupay was a backup
Townsend, Holgate, Davies, Vinagre and many more

The problem with backups is they end up playing and costing us on the pitch and you can’t get rid of them so they cost us off the pitch,

A mixture of good first team players and investing in potential is the only option for us.

The idea of ‘back-ups’ is what got us here
Rondon was a backup
Maupay was a backup
Townsend, Holgate, Davies, Vinagre and many more

The problem with backups is they end up playing and costing us on the pitch and you can’t get rid of them so they cost us off the pitch,

A mixture of good first team players and investing in potential is the only option for us.

Davies played 526 mins in the league for us. He is not the reason we are where we are.

Again: it costs less to renew him than to sign a better backup centre mid. Every single penny we have should be on strikers and forwards.

Are you ignoring my second sentence. It's kinda important.
My point was about backups, you countered that with

‘costs less to renew him than to sign a better backup centre mid’

I’m saying the idea of backups is the problem.

If an academy player cannot/aren’t given a chance to transit from loan candidate to backup candidate and progress to first team even if he’s technically better than our current 5th choice. We might as well close down our academy and save a few million and use the money to keep Davies at our club till he’s 35.

My point was about backups, you countered that with

‘costs less to renew him than to sign a better backup centre mid’

I’m saying the idea of backups is the problem.

So no club should have backup players to the first teamers? This isn't Footie Manager. We can't have 3 starters and 3 high potential kids. Doesn't work like that in the PL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back