2022/23 Tom Davies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im not his biggest fan but he's done "ok" this season.

Still think he's not good enough going forward.
That's a shame. I wanted him as soon as Carlo left so was made up when we eventually got him.

He's still a young inexperienced manager who will make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. But he seems to have united the players and most of the fans, and there's no doubt the players are all giving 100% for him. That's a good start in my book.

Time will tell if he is going to be able to take us to where we want to be in the next few seasons, but initial signs look good. With the exception of the first 3/4 months of Carlo's first full season, I'm as optimistic as I have been since Roberto's first season.

That's a shame. I wanted him as soon as Carlo left so was made up when we eventually got him.

He's still a young inexperienced manager who will make mistakes and hopefully learn from them. But he seems to have united the players and most of the fans, and there's no doubt the players are all giving 100% for him. That's a good start in my book.

Time will tell if he is going to be able to take us to where we want to be in the next few seasons, but initial signs look good. With the exception of the first 3/4 months of Carlo's first full season, I'm as optimistic as I have been since Roberto's first season.

Sorry mate was on about Davies lol

Lower end Premier clubs. That explains the problem. However he has recently shown signs so here's hoping
Not really a problem at all as I see it, although it is being realistic. If you have 6 top quality central midfielders at Everton for 3 positions, and we don't have European football, there's no way that we could keep them all happy. Especially if they are all fit. Plus it would cost an absolute fortune in wages and we simply don't generate enough income for that, as we have found out to our detriment.

We need squad players like Tom who are on low comparative wages and are unlikely to upset the dressing room when not playing regularly. He would be a regular starter at some of the lower Premier clubs. That doesn't meant he's a poor player.

Not really a problem at all as I see it, although it is being realistic. If you have 6 top quality central midfielders at Everton for 3 positions, and we don't have European football, there's no way that we could keep them all happy. Especially if they are all fit. Plus it would cost an absolute fortune in wages and we simply don't generate enough income for that, as we have found out to our detriment.

We need squad players like Tom who are on low comparative wages and are unlikely to upset the dressing room when not playing regularly. He would be a regular starter at some of the lower Premier clubs. That doesn't meant he's a poor player.
See your point!

Think we have different definitions of the term "hate". lol

And if you think I'm teary eyed over him you obviously didn't read the bit where I said I think he'll refuse a new contract, that I'll wish him well when he does, and that we'll hopefully replace him in the squad with somebody from the youth team. That's hardly crying into my beer.

It's also good to note that he's 7th choice when we only have 6 central midfielders in the first place. He won't start many games granted, but who comes off the bench first will be determined by the job the manager wants done. Some times it may be Tom, others it won't be. But I guarantee he'll see plenty of game time this season. It isn't all that long ago that we had 4 midfielders out injured at the same time and if that happens again he will be starting games too.

As regards not missing him, well that depends on who replaces him in the squad. If it is somebody from the youth set up, which I personally hope it is, you may find he takes time to get up to speed in the Premier.

Interesting last line

Whoever it is I hope they don’t take the 5 or 6 seasons Davies is taking.

I mean last season he was out injured and it was was our worst finish of all of the seasons he has been a senior player where every manager we have had has seen value in him as an option. Pure coincidence though right?

I hope he leaves, not because i don't like him but it shows he has no ambition.The group of players we have at the moment have it in spades he should be banging at the manager's door demanding to ,he also might be stopping a younger player a chance to play.

The least of our problems given our new strengthened midfield options. Low wages and a decent stop gap for injuries. Seems very popular with all the players and management.

Status
Not open for further replies.