Not open for further replies.
I've just done a recalculation and I have this

3rd Chelsea 76
4th Liverpool 69
5th Leicester 68
6th Spurs 67
7th West Ham 66
8th Everton 65

I hope its wrong. That would be worst case scenario RS in CL and us not in Europe at all.

Predictions are almost pointless for us. We beat Liverpool at Anfield but lost to Fulham at home. Nothing is certain. If we beat Palace the table will look a bit rosier. We just need to get James and Allan fit and onto the pitch for as many of the remaining games as possible and get the points we need for europe.

Predictions are almost pointless for us. We beat Liverpool at Anfield but lost to Fulham at home. Nothing is certain. If we beat Palace the table will look a bit rosier. We just need to get James and Allan fit and onto the pitch for as many of the remaining games as possible and get the points we need for europe.

After the next 2 rounds of matches it will no doubt change again but that shows the difference that losing to Burnley made. If we won we were 6th 1 point behind. I just hope we can maybe pinch some unexpected points. With James on the pitch anything can happen.

I've just done a recalculation and I have this

3rd Chelsea 76
4th Liverpool 69
5th Leicester 68
6th Spurs 67
7th West Ham 66
8th Everton 65

I hope its wrong. That would be worst case scenario RS in CL and us not in Europe at all.

Everyone is going to have their predictions, but all the numbers look a bit high for me. That is Chelsea picking up 25 from 27, and Liverpool picking up 23 from 9. For Liverpool that is win 7, draw 2 lose 0 from their remaining 9 games. This is a side who can't buy a goal, never mind a win at home. I just don't see that, especially not with European games for both.

Meanwhile it's only got Leicester picking up 12 point from 9 games thats appears too low for me. I mean it could happen, but I find it unrealistic. Also not sure Spurs get to 67.

It's because Ancelotti makes big changes until we find a system that works, then we go on a 3-4 game winning run. I suspect we have 1 more of those left, but when it comes, and how we play before and after it will be important.

I'll be frank, I don't think we are getting top 4. I don't think anyone outside of the top 4 is. We are in a battle of 5th-8th which is sort of the difference between a good season and an outstanding one for us.

Everyone is going to have their predictions, but all the numbers look a bit high for me. That is Chelsea picking up 25 from 27, and Liverpool picking up 23 from 9. For Liverpool that is win 7, draw 2 lose 0 from their remaining 9 games. This is a side who can't buy a goal, never mind a win at home. I just don't see that, especially not with European games for both.

Meanwhile it's only got Leicester picking up 12 point from 9 games thats appears too low for me. I mean it could happen, but I find it unrealistic. Also not sure Spurs get to 67.

Liverpool and Chelsea are a little high I agree but it's just I tried to call it without upsets. Leicester have lots of strong teams in their run ins. I was just trying to make a point of how tight it is so a couple of results could swing it. Hopefully I'm wrong and there is a lot of football to play.

Liverpool and Chelsea are a little high I agree but it's just I tried to call it without upsets. Leicester have lots of strong teams in their run ins. I was just trying to make a point of how tight it is so a couple of results could swing it. Hopefully I'm wrong and there is a lot of football to play.

I would broadly agree with you, it will be tighter than usual, and the sides in Europe could still drop points. I broadly agree, but think we will all be a bit lower.

It's because Ancelotti makes big changes until we find a system that works, then we go on a 3-4 game winning run. I suspect we have 1 more of those left, but when it comes, and how we play before and after it will be important.

I'll be frank, I don't think we are getting top 4. I don't think anyone outside of the top 4 is. We are in a battle of 5th-8th which is sort of the difference between a good season and an outstanding one for us.

Oh yeah absolutely, 4th went with Fulham Burnley and Newcastle unfortunately in my view. We’re not the 4th best team in this league and the league table doesn’t normally lie at the ends It’s about qualifying for Europe now and winning enough of the ten remaining games to get the points to do it. Like you said one last burst should be enough to do it.

If we all took that advice there'd only be 2,000 in GP even when covid restrictions have disappeared. The truth is far too many of our performances have been absolutely dire. I've been watching Everton for 60 years and I can't think of a season I've enjoyed less from the entertainment perspective.
Agree with you 100% in all that you say, take no notice of the clown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back