Top 4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure the wordsmiths of this forum will explain better ,if it hasn't been written about before...our squad ain't good enough or equipped for the extra games.
Let's say we do sneak in.
Recruitment levels?
Need top class players who can hit the ground running.

Anyone else have that season all over feeling? The cup is now yesterday's news and the league campaign fizzing out as we inevitably fade under the handicap of so many injured stars.

Given It's highly unlikely there'll be any return of crowds in the league this season, it's very hard to maintain any interest at all and the season as good as done for me.

Anyone else have that season all over feeling? The cup is now yesterday's news and the league campaign fizzing out as we inevitably fade under the handicap of so many injured stars.

Given It's highly unlikely there'll be any return of crowds in the league this season, it's very hard to maintain any interest at all and the season as good as done for me.

Their predicted finishing table....

leicester need one “surprise” scalp to secure top 4 for me, this season shows they will do that. I would be shocked if it’s not united, LCFc and Chelsea.

Yeah its over, and if we do get to one game its will be against Man City again, hardly appealing

Yeah without Doucoure = no party.

Teams got no right hand side, legs in the middle of the park or any attacking quality whatsoever.

8th-9th we'll finish and its back to praying for a good summer window.

Would snatch your hand at 7th now providing it gets us europa conference.

We won't get top 4....

But Europa league is on...

We just need a good run of results sooner rather than later...

Yeah without Doucoure = no party.

Teams got no right hand side, legs in the middle of the park or any attacking quality whatsoever.

8th-9th we'll finish and its back to praying for a good summer window.

Would snatch your hand at 7th now providing it gets us europa conference.

Were better off without europa conference.

I think we'll finish 5th or 6th at worst.

Btw attacking quality? DCL/Richarlison???

Fourth is gone now, but it'd be nice to have a go at finishing above Liverpool.

Realistically, though, of the teams currently above Everton, it's only West Ham who I'd expect to catch.

That Europa Conference will have a lower standard of teams then the Europa making it much easier to win.

Good point, the winner gets europa league if they havent qualified for champions league.

I suppose also it gives the players experience in europe and also playing the same times as the europa league.

There will be eight groups of four teams, followed by knockout round play-offs, the round of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final.

The eight group winners automatically go through to the last 16. Additional knockout round play-offs will then be played before the round of 16 between the eight group runners-up and the third-ranked teams of the UEFA Europa League groups.

Good point, the winner gets europa league if they havent qualified for champions league.

I suppose also it gives the players experience in europe and also playing the same times as the europa league.

There will be eight groups of four teams, followed by knockout round play-offs, the round of 16, quarter-finals, semi-finals and final.

The eight group winners automatically go through to the last 16. Additional knockout round play-offs will then be played before the round of 16 between the eight group runners-up and the third-ranked teams of the UEFA Europa League groups.
So possible 13 games but potentially 15? And a bare minimum of 6.
Also 32 teams all from different countries?

If Liverpool get in that I could easily see them winning it without having to play a single decent team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back