Toxic rival fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I has a look around a few forums last week, and most of them wanted us gone,
Millwall
Leeds
Bournemouth, although most of these wanted Leeds and us.
Few on Facebook
I am made up they don't like us ,
I don't want head patting from anyone .
I don't like them either ,but not really bothered who goes down most years , if we are not involved.
When you meet people on holiday they generally say red or blue and just say good, when you say a im a blue and talk to you.
I was away last month talking to a spurs ,arsenal, Chelsea gang of fellas all were fine chatting about the clubs.
Mostly asking what I thought of Millwall, and when we had been to each others grounds, had a laugh with each other till the end of the night
Online I bet they would be saying scouser I wish they were down.
Millwall seems a strange one?!

Interesting post this and spot on.
You are right, after Johnson sold in 1998 we didn't get into serious danger until the last two seasons under Moshiri.
And agree, from 2005 to 2017 we did usually finish top 8, pre Moshiri.

98/99 was a pretty serious relegation season up to last 8 or so games when Kevin Campbell was signed as last resort and he had a brilliant scoring run.

00/01 was very very dull indeed and peak Walter Smith. Can't recall how late in the season safety was secured, perhaps that fan who came on at Highbury to have a chat with Nyarko will remember...

01/02 team were on 30 points with 9 games left so Moyes still had a bit of work to do to get team over the line but did it comfortably.

Actually can't remember anything of 03/04 so no idea how 17th finish came about.

05/06 was a really poor start after the Villareal scandal, team really were deflated about missing out on CL in dodgy circumstances. Started prem season with 7 defeats from opening 9 games!!! Imagine the reaction if that happened nowadays. However was comfortable top half form from that point and finished on 50 points. Did tend to be a theme of many of the Moyes era of pretty slow start in first few months and then things would click during the winter months.

As said in recent times before last few season 19/20 was only issue with team in bottom 3 when Silva was sacked in mid December but Carlo came in and got the team to mid table with ease.

An encore

God they have an unhealthy obsession with us haven’t they?? Like a scorned woman.😂

98/99 was a pretty serious relegation season up to last 8 or so games when Kevin Campbell was signed as last resort and he had a brilliant scoring run.

00/01 was very very dull indeed and peak Walter Smith. Can't recall how late in the season safety was secured, perhaps that fan who came on at Highbury to have a chat with Nyarko will remember...

01/02 team were on 30 points with 9 games left so Moyes still had a bit of work to do to get team over the line but did it comfortably.

Actually can't remember anything of 03/04 so no idea how 17th finish came about.

05/06 was a really poor start after the Villareal scandal, team really were deflated about missing out on CL in dodgy circumstances. Started prem season with 7 defeats from opening 9 games!!! Imagine the reaction if that happened nowadays. However was comfortable top half form from that point and finished on 50 points. Did tend to be a theme of many of the Moyes era of pretty slow start in first few months and then things would click during the winter months.

As said in recent times before last few season 19/20 was only issue with team in bottom 3 when Silva was sacked in mid December but Carlo came in and got the team to mid table with ease.

I'm struggling to remember that far back but in that 99 season didn't we get the point we needed against Ipswich in the 3rd or 2nd to last game?

Edit: that was the Joe Royle cup winning year I was thinking of.

Millwall seems a strange one?!
I looked at loads west ham, spurs Arsenal ect just out of boredom.
Quite like the millwall one actually, dont like us at all , just had a look because I was talking to some cockney fellas on holidays few weeks ago and they were on about millwall not liking us, they were a mixed bag of Chelsea , Spurs, and Arsenal , asked me what u thought of them , stuck in my mind so had a lurk on the forum.
Not a bad read at all.
North stand or something it was called.

I used to until recently be in a xbox community with a variety of fans of clubs from all levels, a couple of arsenal fans , 2 Chelsea, a rs, 2 American Newcastle fans, a Bristol City fan, a West brom fan and a Gillingham fan. And 2 Leeds mongos

The ones who tried to give me the most grief were the last lot, lower league muppets who think because their team beats Wycombe once in a while they can start mouthing off, I always said the same thing "our worst season is still better than your best" they hated that, once I asked who had more titles, us or spurs, they said spurs,, I had a bet with the Leeds fan when they came back up they'd be relegated before us, he's disappeared now.

Most of them just listen to stupid podcasts with know nothings talking shabite on YouTube, so I'm not surprised they wanted us down

An encore

Some of their fans seem to be obsessed with all things Everton.

I'm struggling to remember that far back but in that 99 season didn't we get the point we needed against Ipswich in the 3rd or 2nd to last game?
Edit: that was the Joe Royle cup winning year I was thinking of.

1999 was a spectacular 6-0 win over West Ham to secure safety.

To me that was one of the most disappointing seasons in last 25 years. Walter Smith at the time was a top manager and had done well in europe aswell as dominating SPL with Rangers.

The summer signings of John Collins, Dacourt and Don Hutchinson all looked really good on paper but it was a really desperate season until Campbell turned up and gave a lightweight attack (what's new?) some cutting edge. When Campbell made his debut at RS side were on 31 points from 31 played and then lost at home to Sheff Weds the next week so it was same situation as last two seasons.

Pretty much all of Smith's tenure was immensely forgettable bar a few months of 99/00.

The 98/99 season run in was great. Jeffers and Campbell had an amazing partnership, scoring goals for fun.

03/04 was a strange one, we were safe well before the end of the season but fell apart at the end, dropping fast down the league. It coincided with all the Rooney speculation so maybe that had something to do with it

Status
Not open for further replies.