Transfer Posts - Everton Transfer Tier System?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Yep, don't understand how his tweets are not blacklisted, just posts consistent nonsense. @GrandOldTeam ?

^ Stuff like this.

How do we encourage people to share transfer tweets etc with some credibility, rather than sharing complete nonsense?

I'd hoped to find something that allowed our community to all vote - like upvote and downvote by source, organised into tiers with the bottom x amount blacklisted but I've had difficulty finding a developer to introduce that into grand old team and I can't find anything elsewhere that we could link to.

Redcafe - Man Utd's GOT, has a reliability tier from reddit? and a specific Redcafe Twitter blacklist. See here.

Any ideas?

^ Stuff like this.

How do we encourage people to share transfer tweets etc with some credibility, rather than sharing complete nonsense?

I'd hoped to find something that allowed our community to all vote - like upvote and downvote by source, organised into tiers with the bottom x amount blacklisted but I've had difficulty finding a developer to introduce that into grand old team and I can't find anything elsewhere that we could link to.

Redcafe - Man Utd's GOT, has a reliability tier from reddit? and a specific Redcafe Twitter blacklist. See here.

Any ideas?

Maybe do it in 2 stages, start a thread and get people to suggest any Twitter transfer rumour accounts that should be blacklisted, give it a few days and then blacklist any of the obviously blag accounts and put the rest to a vote and blacklist any of those with a reasonable number of votes.

I'll even scour the accounts in questions for you if you like to check their credibility, the only payment I require for this service is the removal of a few select members of the forum.

^ Stuff like this.

Any ideas?

Like how certain publications are removed when they're linked on here, can you do that for twitter accounts perhaps?

Just crowdsource a load of crap/fake sources

https://twitter.com/[Publication is blacklisted]
https://twitter.com/[Publication is blacklisted]?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Edit: some of these already do it, funny

^ Stuff like this.

Any ideas?
Those loons over on RAWK have something similar regards to reliability.

One of the few things they get right.

^ Stuff like this.

Any ideas?
Tier 3 (Average reliability, or former Tier 2)
Canal+/Pierre Menes (France) / Jamie Jackson (Guardian) / Ian Ladyman (Daily Mail) / Stu Bates (Mirror) / The Telegraph / The Guardian / The Times / Mark Ogden (ESPN) / Daniel Taylor (Guardian) / Correio de Manha(Portugal) / Ruhr Nachrichten (Germany) / Le Parisien (France) / Ian Herbert (Independent) / Jason Burt(Telegraph) / Record (Portugal) / A Bola (Portugal) / Richard Keys (beIN Sports) / Jim White (Everton only) / L'Equipe (France) / Duncan Castles (Record/Times) / Paul Hirst (The Times) / James Ducker (the Telegraph) / Rob Dawson (ESPN)/ Miguel Delaney (Transfer News Only) Samuel Luckhurst (M.E.N)

Jim White (Everton only) makes me sad

Maybe a badge or icon added to a post that is from an iffy source. Bit like Twitters system on fake news or blue tick to indicatea genuine account. But have a blue weasel symbol instead to indicate iffiness. Or a Fakenews slimeball badge for the poster after 3 strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back