Transfer Posts - Everton Transfer Tier System?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ranking needed for this - ignore EVERYTHING, and I mean EVERYTHING, every crossed i and dotted t from "Goodison News." Absolute pile if garbage clickbate site.

And if it was bottom of a community based ranking system, then we could prevent anything from that source being shared.

Just bumping this from last year, and bringing to the Everton forum.

What do we reckon?

As a community, should we create a ranking system - inviting upvote/downvotes?

Those at the top are gods amongst men and have their links elevated.

Those in the middle are sound enough, but occasionally blag.

Those at the bottom are weasels (who was it who kept the weasel index?!) with their links suppressed.

How do we produce the first list to be voted on?

What do we reckon?

Those at the bottom are weasels (who was it who kept the weasel index?!) with their links suppressed.

@orly did the weasel index, hes sadly not with us, under that username.

The closest I got was the Wham Index, but even Myers got 1 right that window.

In short.

🤷‍♀️

@orly did the weasel index, hes sadly not with us, under that username.

The closest I got was the Wham Index, but even Myers got 1 right that window.

In short.

🤷‍♀️

I can see he visited on Saturday despite being banned since 2021 and now I feel bad.

The upvote/downvote that fall into categories and us auto binning the bottom ones is easy enough to brief in to a developer - it's working out the list/how it's populated.

What do we reckon?

Yes this is a great idea boss. Please enact that tour earliest convenience The Weasel Index and unban @orly as he’s served his sentence and is much missed on here. Bring a brother home.

It will be a great reward to those posting factual information to elite tiers like Tony Campari and Vinny Grappa, and a deterrent for those posting absolute hogwash as they will quickly be labelled a Weasel above their names. This is the type of carrot and stick strategy you’ve deployed in 17 years on here to good use. If pushed to choose between the two I’d marginally go with stick.

I can see he visited on Saturday despite being banned since 2021 and now I feel bad.

The upvote/downvote that fall into categories and us auto binning the bottom ones is easy enough to brief in to a developer - it's working out the list/how it's populated.
Its hard, you have people like me, that trust nobody, bar 2 or 3, then you have some people who believe everything they read.

I suppose you could wait till people post rumours in the transfer thread to populate the list, but its always going to be quite subjective.

Its hard, you have people like me, that trust nobody, bar 2 or 3, then you have some people who believe everything they read.

I suppose you could wait till people post rumours in the transfer thread to populate the list, but its always going to be quite subjective.
Yes we must label weasels.

I like this idea. Populate it as we move forward - rather than the admin/research of trying to lash everyone on.

Definitely subjective too - the motivation behind this is to encourage our members to only share transfer rumours from sources that the community have rated to be credible. We can also them legitimately (rather than me just saying theyre crap) auto blacklist the ones that are at the bottom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back