Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about net spend. It's about us needing players. If those players cost £30m or £3m it doesn't matter, we just know we need certain players and should be attracting them i.e. Shaw out for £30m, Tadic in for £8m..

An inarguable point, Deco, but not the one I was driving at. My hunch is that people would be unhappy if the club sold Stones for £30 million and brought in three players for £5 million each.

Have Southampton not replaced players with players of similar talent though?

Hmmm... Pelle and tadic lit up the league for half a season then teams adapted to them and they went on a dry patch... Much like some of west hams players. I'm yet to be convinced by soares, martino, or clasie from what little I've seen an stekelenburg hasn't played well the last few seasons

Hmmm... Pelle and tadic lit up the league for half a season then teams adapted to them and they went on a dry patch... Much like some of west hams players. I'm yet to be convinced by soares, martino, or clasie from what little I've seen an stekelenburg hasn't played well the last few seasons
Stekelenberg is only there as Foster is injured.

An inarguable point, Deco, but not the one I was driving at. My hunch is that people would be unhappy if the club sold Stones for £30 million and brought in three players for £5 million each.

True, and I agree as the focus would be "Where's the £15m Bill?" for most. Personally though it's more about where the money is spent.

Like when we spent £28m on Lukaku he was/is the right player for us and regardless of the price he was the right buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back