Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only listened to The Esk's contribution but i will bare that in mind later tonight.

Good listen ?

yes.

and we could do with stan collymore (yeah i know) actually doing some investigative journalism on our board. he might ACTUALLY be able to get some REAL answers. at the moment we just dont know what direction our board/club is going in. but to the fans, it defintalely isnt going in the right one.

collymore actually seemed quite interested as to where all the money had gone too. as one of the 7 teams to have had all 23 seasons in the premier league we should be 'cash rich' as he put it like the other 6 teams are. but we are far from it.

ive never been one of the 'kenwright out' people, but this transfer window (so far) has really opened my eyes to our plight

I would like to see the amount of signings made by clubs 5 years ago compared to this year and last.

It does seem that teams used to bring in 3-maybe 4 players tops.

Now its 8-9 and no one bats an eye lid

I don't remember a fume this much over a transfer window and we have in the past only got 2/3 players in before, is it because now days so many more transfers occur? Maybe its with social media/24 hours news etc it is more in our face

I would like to see the amount of signings made by clubs 5 years ago compared to this year and last.

I don't remember a fume this much over a transfer window and we have in the past only got 2/3 players in before, is it because now days so many more transfers occur? Maybe its with social media/24 hours news etc it is more in our face

or maybe its because we are the lowest spenders.. which always amounts to trouble and a relegation battle.

in truth, we only managed to get out of real trouble with 3 or 4 games to go last year. we couldnt blame the europa league for poor form at that time either. so by flirting with relegation last year and NOT IMPROVINNG our team whilst the teams around us do is very concerning.

The difference is that this season we really should have actual money. We're not in a bad shape financially and the Sky money is huge. We have been outspent by everyone in the league and many in the championship!

Personally I think we'll get some good players in and spend a bit over the next few weeks but yeah, like you say, the media doesn't help as we see the likes of Stoke and WBA splashing the cash whilst we've bought a free and a 4m signing.

I think it's more the fact that at the end of last season there were some glaringly obvious areas that we needed to sort out and now the season has started without us sorting them. We've heard of a few players that we have been linked with that would have been great to fix those areas, but they have all gone to other clubs with us seemingly having not made any real effort to get them.

It probably is due a lot to social media, people don't think before they type and there is no 'sensible' filter. Absolutely everything is scrutinized 24/7.

As for signing 8-9 players, clubs in the past who have done this find it doesn't generally work, unless your shopping in Harrods in football terms. Brenda can vouch for this.

or maybe its because we are the lowest spenders.. which always amounts to trouble and a relegation battle.

in truth, we only managed to get out of real trouble with 3 or 4 games to go last year. we couldnt blame the europa league for poor form at that time either. so by flirting with relegation last year and NOT IMPROVINNG our team whilst the teams around us do is very concerning.

Here's a thought, maybe the board see no point in spending 12/15mil on a player when it is unlikely to improve the team so much so that they will go from mid table to upper mid table. Too much risk. The first 11, notwithstanding injuries (yeah unlikely I know) is still a good team. So to that end they have probably adopted a model similar to Newcastle whereby avoiding relegation is deemed a success. Sad days if true !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back