Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stop talking about ambition, I'm as annoyed as anybody but deep down all know the signings will be deadline day to assure best deals.

Most of the players we ever get linked with and end up going somewhere else, end up being sold off a year later or never heard of again or something - they're all cack until they pull on a blue shirt, onwards and upwards blues.

so far beaten to multiple transfer targets by:

west ham

palace (dann would rather stay put) should defo of been in for cabaye

stoke

who next...??

austin would rather stay at QPR !!

Cant get my head round this fume. Inter had one, yes, ONE, firm offer, worldwide, for a player they signed 6 months ago, from Bayern Munich.

And that offer was binned off when it was made. He had zero choice if he wants to play football other than Stoke. I expect his wife is overjoyed.

We wernt that keen, hence the loan/staged or whatever we offered, but it was certainly not the asking price in pound notes. Nor Euro ones come to that.

No disrespect but he looks like he might have a mild form of downs syndrome
spock-eyebrow1.png

Stoke though.

Stoke

S
T
O
K
E
Hate to say this but......better stadium with better match day atmosphere,manager who played and was successful at a high level,we can offer crumbling old pile,regular booing at half time and a manager who's playing CV isn't what you'd describe as stellar.Sad really.

We will finish ahead of Stoke this season IMO. Im kind of happy we didnt sign him, if his attitude is such that he would choose Stoke over us, then hes clearly off kilter, add to the Gio Dos Santos could have been great players before their career hit a dead end list.

NEA

Devils advocate here but.....

what would be the reaction on here and generally if Sunderland signed Evans, villa signed lennon and Southampton signed van dijk before we signed anyone else for example?

Cant get my head round this fume. Inter had one, yes, ONE, firm offer, worldwide, for a player they signed 6 months ago, from Bayern Munich.

And that offer was binned off when it was made. He had zero choice if he wants to play football other than Stoke. I expect his wife is overjoyed.

We wernt that keen, hence the loan/staged or whatever we offered, but it was certainly not the asking price in pound notes. Nor Euro ones come to that.

We ain't that keen and we make an offer. It's not logical at all.

"This player is rated 15 in marking, but if we look at this player, he's rated 14 in marking! This player is also rated 15 in pace but this other player beats him on a rating of 16 for pace"

I dunno mate their football knowledge opinions are absolutely dire ... is FM stats really worse than the nonsense they come up with left to their own devices?

I thought Lennon was more than decent for us when he came in. However, I thought, this summer, we would be bringing in players of the quality of Shaqiri, who, attitude problems aside, is a massive step-up in quality to Lennon.

Lennon to me is the perfect squad player if used correctly. Bringing on his pace and workrate with 20 minutes to go against a tired team who have been dealing with Del/Mirallas for over an hour? Yes please. In fact, with Naismith too, we have an interesting ability to really bring on a change of pace (literally) and workrate from the bench. Also start him against the bottom teams to avoid the sometimes lackadaisical attitude the first choicers often have to some of those games.

Devils advocate here but.....

what would be the reaction on here and generally if Sunderland signed Evans, villa signed lennon and Southampton signed van dijk before we signed anyone else for example?

Lennon would be signed but do we need any more squad player? Have to improve the starting 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back