Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I now feel that we will miss out on everyone we were hoping for, i think Roberto wanted the players we have been linked with. But think he has been told to look in the bargain bin by Kenwright, doubt the club can fall much lower. In the 58yrs i have been going to Goodison i have never felt as down about are once great club, as i do now.

I have lost all confidence in Martinez. I thought he should have been sacked at the tail end of last season to give a new manager a look at what he had and what he needed in the transfer window. When that didn't happen then I thought, give him 10 games to see how he gets on in the window and how he is going to improve the team.
I know the window is still open, but Saturday's persistence with tactics that don't suit the players we have and the lack of any movement in bringing in these 3 players we need has just sapped any belief I had in him.
If Van Dyke signs for Southampton and Stones goes then we could do a Wigan and go into free fall. Loose a couple at the New Year window and we're doomed.
If you were McCarthy or Coleman and even a middle order club like West Ham or even Crystal Palace came in for you it might be more tempting than sticking with a club who clearly need players but who can't or won't buy them.

I have lost all confidence in Martinez. I thought he should have been sacked at the tail end of last season to give a new manager a look at what he had and what he needed in the transfer window. When that didn't happen then I thought, give him 10 games to see how he gets on in the window and how he is going to improve the team.
I know the window is still open, but Saturday's persistence with tactics that don't suit the players we have and the lack of any movement in bringing in these 3 players we need has just sapped any belief I had in him.
If Van Dyke signs for Southampton and Stones goes then we could do a Wigan and go into free fall. Loose a couple at the New Year window and we're doomed.
If you were McCarthy or Coleman and even a middle order club like West Ham or even Crystal Palace came in for you it might be more tempting than sticking with a club who clearly need players but who can't or won't buy them.

McCarthy has just signed a new contract despite supposed interest in from the likes of Spurs, so he obviously believes in Martinez.

I don't have a great deal of faith in Martinez at the moment but suggesting McCarthy and Coleman might be tempted to jump ship to Palace is a bit mental, have a lie down and things will look better in the morning. If they don't, go back to bed until the transfer window closes.

Edzeko to Rome for £14 mill. Not that much for him, seems like a decent striker. Why wasn't Everton after him?

It's a loan mate.
Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 4h4 hours ago
BREAKING: @OfficialASRoma sign @EdDzeko from @MCFC on season-long loan. More here: http://skysports.tv/YxH0c4 #SSNHQ

-

Even if it was £14m I wouldn't touch that. Would have taken him on loan but wages WOULD be an issue, simple as. Can sign him at anytime for £14m... Basically a classic try before you buy deal.

McCarthy has just signed a new contract despite supposed interest in from the likes of Spurs, so he obviously believes in Martinez.

I don't have a great deal of faith in Martinez at the moment but suggesting McCarthy and Coleman might be tempted to jump ship to Palace is a bit mental, have a lie down and things will look better in the morning. If they don't, go back to bed until the transfer window closes.
Couldn't agree more...

I have been having a lie down and things have not looked better in the morning for quite a few mornings. I don't think when I get up tomorrow Chelsea will have said they are no longer interested in Stones and Everton will have announced the signing of a goal scoring forward, a replacement centre half and a ball playing forward looking midfielder.
I could be wrong but we'll see what tomorrow brings.
I mentioned McCarthy and Coleman as they sprung to mind. If the club you are playing for is standing still or going backwards then the option to move on to something better must be tempting.

Martinez gets starved of cash to secure the three players he needs and you see that as being down to him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back