Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Before we all get in a lather here, the track record of players coming from the Russian leagues, AK apart, has been pretty gash. Our own Bily, Arshavin, the one that Spurs signed, even Shevchenko didn't exactly cut it in the prem.

Have you put any research into how he might get a work permit?
It's so hard to tell mate. Players from countries ranked in the top 10 will have to have played in 30 percent of international matches over the past two years, he's played just one cap. Argentina been ranked the the number one side in the FIFA Rankings could help our cause though. I'd be quite certain we'd fail the initial request. That's okay though, a lot of permits do need to have an appeal to go through.

We could appeal that:

- He's failed to break into the Argentina squad due to the high ranking of the nation.
- His international appearance has came with-in the previous six months so he's currently on the way to becoming a regular of the national team set up.
- The transfer fee shows we want him a starter (even though he really wouldn't be first choice.)
- He's played 49 first team games over the last calendar year including playing a huge role to his side winning the Copa Libertadores.

We need to press that he's a class player, he'd be a starter at our club, will improve our side etc. The work permit rules got much tighter at the start of the season. The FA have no problems with top non-EU players coming into the Prem. However they're trying to eliminate clubs bringing in squad and fringe player from out of Europe. They want clubs to be playing/developing players from their academies/homegrown players instead. Basically the rules is designed to stop bringing in players like Funes Mori so we instead play homegrown kids like Galloway and Browning. We need to act like that's the exact opposite of what we're doing. :P

In all honestly I really don't know, and I know I've blabbered on a heap to not really give an answer but in a nutshell on merit I don't think he's the caliber of player the FA want to have coming into the Premier League but I do feel we have enough key points to make an appeal to prove otherwise. I don't think the club would go to all the effort of trying to sign someone if they weren't confident of gaining a work permit. For all we know we could already be in the process, could be why we haven't signed anyone and it's taking ages to sign a new defender.

Before we all get in a lather here, the track record of players coming from the Russian leagues, AK apart, has been pretty gash. Our own Bily, Arshavin, the one that Spurs signed, even Shevchenko didn't exactly cut it in the prem.

Rebrov or Pavlyuchenko?

Bit of a roundabout route, but his brother played for benfica so they presumably have some sort of eu qualification. May have a Spanish or Portuguese passport like a lot of South americans.
Every countries work permit requirements are different, the Portugal FA could have totally different requirements.

Unfortunately England's is one of the strictest.

The exception that you've pointed out also happens to one of our best players in the last 20 years though.

I don't really think that's true. Look at Willian and of course Mcgeady. Also Shevchenko never played in the Russian league.

Is there any concrete evidence that we are actually linked with Yarmonlenko or is it all just farts
This has been asked a lot. There is absolutely no link at all. Someone overhead 'something' at the game and put their Chinese whispers on twitter where it became sacrosanct. Apparently there is a time and date that he's signing too. Much the same as the nailed on Austin deal.

I know everyone is buzzing over Yarmolenko, but our priority should be the playmaker shouldn't it? Unless we get both?

Kami is on now, he'll be creaming over our play yesterday.

fbc94671630207988a6357bbc15fcf806c57322fb3e43c48719e1b266d98f8ec.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back