Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

My research into Funes Mori has continued. I was talking to some River Plate fans on another forum and this was what they had to say:

He is a centrel defender who came up through the youth academy. He is in good form and I doubt he would leave right now since River Plate will play in the Club World Cup in December.

Left footed center back with great heading ability- scored the final goal in Copa Libertadores Final amongst other important goals. He also, surprisingly, hits an amazing free kick.

He's prone to the error, but why wouldn't he be good enough for the Premier League? He's a full argentina international and a copa libertadores winner. He's tall, he's strong and he plays for a club with the highest expectations in the world, we River fans resisted him, but he won us over.

Though as Taib said, theres no chance he's leaving now as River's directors don't plan to sell anyone until after the club world cup.

For many years he sucked but wow, has he improved under Gallardo as other players have as well. I don't know if the kid would do well in the faster paced premier league but he'll do well in Spain or Italy where the game is much slower and more tactical.

But the sky is the limit with him. His decision making has improved against faster players and he's still getting better. If given the chance under Roberto Martinez he could improve into a great CB one day with that guidance. So a premier league move might be good under the right manager.

Interesting that they don't think that he'll leave them but £5.5 is a lot of money for them and If the player wants to join us, surely they won't be able to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back