Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A number of reasons on that

European football
And more money
Plus still early days for the table, as much as i don't like them they won't be sat below 5th come the end of the season.
Said this in an earlier thread about his contract. Offer him a new contract on par with the top earners at the club that reflects his market value. Have various clauses put in the contract that he can be sold for x amount after the euros next summer.
As a result, stones and agent will benefit financially and the club retains one if it's prized assets for a crack at the top 4.

I'd love it if Everton stood firm here and told Chelsea and everyone else to get lost no matter what the bids are. We might be a small club now in the grand scheme of things, and small clubs are clearly expected to know their place and sell their best talents to the clubs that really matter, but we have our pride.
That said, I appreciate that £35m or whatever would present an opportunity to offload players like McGeady, Gibson and Naismith and put a plan in place for replacing the ageing legs of Osman, Pienaar and Jagielka come the time. Okay, maybe not the latter group as £35m minus a sum going to Barnsley and then being horribly fleeced for a new centre half or two probably would wipe most of that out.

That's the biggest worry for me, what good is 35 million when the price of every avarage defender doubles the next day. I can't think of any team that has sold a player for big bucks recently and brought quality players in as a result.

I don't think Stones would/will hand in a transfer request unless a slimy agent gets in his head. Reject all offers under 50m in my opinion.

We all know Stones is boss. A lot of people around the country know Stones is boss. Chelsea want to buy him now so taht they dont get into a bidding war next year IF Stones progresses as he should. He needs game time and can get into the Euros with a good season.

The board HAS to know that its a risk worth taking to keep Stones and see how it goes this year. Its a risk they should....ah crap, the board never has done a risky thing in their tenure. He's off, isnt he..

Do share if you know something lad. Not meaning to be a ted, but i'm sick of the negativity around here. Like you said, we'll have to wait and see. I'm by no means saying we definitely won't accept a bid similar to what you said, but at the same time, I don't think we definitely will either. We're in a strong position and should stand our ground, IMO.

We all know Stones is boss. A lot of people around the country know Stones is boss. Chelsea want to buy him now so taht they dont get into a bidding war next year IF Stones progresses as he should. He needs game time and can get into the Euros with a good season.

The board HAS to know that its a risk worth taking to keep Stones and see how it goes this year. Its a risk they should....ah crap, the board never has done a risky thing in their tenure. He's off, isnt he..

I never thought we would hang on to baines, i never thought james Mc and superKev would sign a new contract, I NEVER thought we would see Rom and delboy again.

there must be a nice vibe in the team at the moment and maybe they do want to progress together as youngsters.

hopefully stones is committed, how boss would it be if all of sudden they announce a new contract for stones as a way of saying, f u chelski

So Yarmz is off and Stones to Chelsea is back on...

4528621-3851607470-attachment.php

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back