Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would Stones leave a team sitting 5th on the table for another sitting 16th?
A number of reasons on that

European football
And more money
Plus still early days for the table, as much as i don't like them they won't be sat below 5th come the end of the season.

I'd love it if Everton stood firm here and told Chelsea and everyone else to get lost no matter what the bids are. We might be a small club now in the grand scheme of things, and small clubs are clearly expected to know their place and sell their best talents to the clubs that really matter, but we have our pride.
That said, I appreciate that £35m or whatever would present an opportunity to offload players like McGeady, Gibson and Naismith and put a plan in place for replacing the ageing legs of Osman, Pienaar and Jagielka come the time. Okay, maybe not the latter group as £35m minus a sum going to Barnsley and then being horribly fleeced for a new centre half or two probably would wipe most of that out.

I'd be happier if the club released a statement stating categorically that Stones will not be leaving this summer.

I do have a nagging feeling that Chelsea are getting encouragement from somewhere.

They have done.

Twice.

Martinez even went to the trouble of repeating Mourinhos words back at him.

Mourinho said. All clubs can put bids in for any players, we are allowed. All Martinez needs to say is, he's not for sale and thats that.

Martinez said in his last press conference. "He is not for sale, and that's that"

I don't know how much clearer they can get.

They have done.

Twice.

Martinez even went to the trouble of repeating Mourinhos words back at him.

Mourinho said. All clubs can put bids in for any players, we are allowed. All Martinez needs to say is, he's not for sale and thats that.

Martinez said in his last press conference. "He is not for sale, and that's that"

I don't know how much clearer they can get.

Maybe fly a banner over Stamford Bridge?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back