Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Window Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm starting to worry that the reason we haven't signed anyone is because we're waiting to see how much we have to spend... when we sell Stones.

Disgusting if it's the case but of course I'll reserve lambasting the board or manager until the window has shut. Years of being an Evertonian in the transfer window have not filled me with hope, however.

Do you think the teams selling our potential targets are the ones holding out for the end of the window and not us? Logic being the longer they wait, the larger the chance of Stones being sold for an increasing amount which means they can then demand more money from us (like what would have happened if Bale was sold early in the window).

I was thinking more along the lines of phantom bids to get people turning heads and chatting about other things other than the board for the few myself.
That as well. I not believing the hype about signing players until the deal is done. Then I will be counting down the hours till the window closes hoping that we don't sell Stones.

I'd be happier if the club released a statement stating categorically that Stones will not be leaving this summer.

I do have a nagging feeling that Chelsea are getting encouragement from somewhere.

they could be...but then again they so powerful that they dont understand when clubs say no haha

I'm starting to worry that the reason we haven't signed anyone is because we're waiting to see how much we have to spend... when we sell Stones.

Disgusting if it's the case but of course I'll reserve lambasting the board or manager until the window has shut. Years of being an Evertonian in the transfer window have not filled me with hope, however.

The optimist in me thinks that we are actually working very hard to convince the people we really want to join us, and in order to maximise the amount of players we can sign that Bobby wants, all negotiations must go down to the wire as this is the best bargaining tactic... so in short making our constrained 'warchest' go further... and I believe that the board must see that this is our best chance in a long time to build what we have as a team rather than restructure it/sell anyone so they will cough up to try and move us on to the 'next level'...

...the realistic Evertonian in me is on a pyar fume and will defend my right to boo to the hilt. This side is raring to be unleashed and will show Kenwright no clemency come the end of the window if my gut instinct is realised - that he is being a stingy get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back